Situational Awareness, the be all end all?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Teach your family situational awareness…

Serious post, scariest day of my life. I got a text saying “HELP” from my fiancée at 1:37 while she was in an Uber to her bridal shower. We live in UWS and the party is in Chelsea. It’s a straight shot south. She realized the Uber is taking her to East Harlem. I check location she’s at 108th and Madison. I call her. No pickup. I call again. No pickup. I call NYPD at 1:41 to tell them the situation. I’m freaking out. The destination is a literal straight shot south - You just don’t go to East Harlem to get to Chelsea from upper west side. You don’t do it. I’m scared af something terrible is happening At 1:47, my fiancée calls me. She opened the car door while the guy was driving. He stopped the car in confusion. She jumped out and he sped away. She checks Uber app and he never clicked in that he picked her up. When she asked which route he was going, he was silent and sped up. He was taking her into East Harlem to do who knows what. She gets somewhere safe and calls a *new* Uber to get to bridal shower. She calls me. We stay on phone the whole time.

It's baffling to me how absolutely mindless most women are about their own safety.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Trying to teach SA to the ever growing masses of introverts, shy, socially inept, zero self confidence people today is a joke.

Even those that think they know, really don’t. If they did, they would all know their neighbors and their neighbors extended family. They could tell you who is shooting in the next bay. They would also know and understand the person delivering their mail.

SA starts with relationship structure. So when Sammy Swivelhead is checking his six, he is murdered by a oxy addict neighbor that asked to borrow some sugar.

So there’s that.

Get people training first or stay in your hole.

Top Bottom