• ...and so much more!
  • JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    They are a handful and are very difficult to control in an accurate manner without a solid two-handed grip and LOTS of practice...even then it's probably only good at a very short range!
    Gang-bangers have a tendency to NOT practice with their firearms, so it's not skill that gets hits.
    Personally, I wouldn't want a Glock 18 (or anything with a switch for that matter) as I'm not into wasting ammo... especially when I'd be missing 99% of my shots!
    Their casualty rates do speak for themselves. Fun website showing Chicago shooting stats:
    If they were better shots, we'd have less of them running around but the hospitals in that area are apparently pretty good at stopping bleeding.

Herstal

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    After having some trigger time with a G18 a couple of months ago I'm not surprised no one was injured. They really are quite a handful and the cretins that usually have them generally aren't crack shots with a normal glock.
    My understanding is the "Switch" results in an even higher ROF than the G18, so even less controllable

Herstal

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can't imagine it's any faster, the G18 runs at 1200 RPM, Mag empties in about 1.5 seconds. :ar15:
    I googled it, looks like they're both about the same. I swear I had read that the G18 (intentionally) had some method of slowing it down to make it more manageable. It's the kind of thing that I think would be fun to shoot, but not really practical unless you could convert it to a SBR style with a stock and a foregrip. Since in our imaginary scenario where we're permitted to legally FA some pistols, maybe we could also add those gadgets to try and keep it on target.

Top Bottom