• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I beleive that this is also a part of the topic of discounts to site supporters and there was a topic about not selling to site supporters.

The topic was about "Not selling to non site supporters" because there was too many problems with a sale out of the classifieds to members who was not a supporter.

If everyone paid $5/years membership, this goes away. New members can tryout the site for up to 50 posts and then the membership fee would be required.

If Mike wanted had it that way, that's the way he would have set it up, but then again we would not be 5,000 strong and have the great message base and user input that we have if it was required to pony up $$'s after 50 post.

I mean look at the uproar some have made about the increase from 10 to 50 post. Imagine the whining and crying that would create. I don't have enough Tylenol and I know Mike probably doesn't either.:crying:

No banner - No controversey.

Personally I don't see any controversy with the supporter banner,

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    This is crazy

I know this is going to come across real wrong but please try to understand my thinking on this; The only reason I haven't become a site supporter is because of the banner below the name that says "Site Supporter". There are too many people on this forum that think that banner somehow makes you a more honorable person, I don't agree with that sentiment. If my goal when joining this forum is less than honorable I have no problem with donating $10 to become "honorable". Don't get me wrong it's a great site with a lot of good info, naturally there are those on here that I don't agree with as I'm sure there are those that don't agree with me! I don't have a problem with that, just the superficial people that believe a title is an entitlement. Soooo. . . . .when they drop the site supporter moniker, I'll send in my donation!

Ask Fenway not to put a banner under your name and send the losy $10 in for crying out loud. :dunno:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I know this is going to come across real wrong but please try to understand my thinking on this; The only reason I haven't become a site supporter is because of the banner below the name that says "Site Supporter". There are too many people on this forum that think that banner somehow makes you a more honorable person, I don't agree with that sentiment. If my goal when joining this forum is less than honorable I have no problem with donating $10 to become "honorable". Don't get me wrong it's a great site with a lot of good info, naturally there are those on here that I don't agree with as I'm sure there are those that don't agree with me! I don't have a problem with that, just the superficial people that believe a title is an entitlement. Soooo. . . . .when they drop the site supporter moniker, I'll send in my donation!

Who are you referring to? I don't feel like a more honorable person because I have a tag below my name. I am just glad to support INGO. If you are going to make accusations back them up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I AM more honorable than some on this forum, and likely less honorable than some.
    It has nothing to do, however, with the supporter banner. :D:popcorn:

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    :poop:
    If Mike wanted had it that way, that's the way he would have set it up, but then again we would not be 5,000 strong and have the great message base and user input that we have if it was required to pony up $$'s after 50 post.

I mean look at the uproar some have made about the increase from 10 to 50 post. Imagine the whining and crying that would create. I don't have enough Tylenol and I know Mike probably doesn't either.:crying:

Guys, Chill out, take a step back and take a breath. I am a site supporter and I have seen enough of the site supporter and non-site support
    :poop: to know when there is controversey. I do see the point of femurphy77.

I like to think outside of the box and feel that things do need to change every so often. If there are 5000 members and you require even $2 per member vs 320 or so site supporters at $10, your looking at $10,000 vs what? $3200.
    If someone wants to :crying: about $2, do you really want that person on this forum? Guys, this is just a suggestion/thought. I beleive that this is a matter of a board decision that should be looked at.

AS for the banner, some of you say that this forum is like family, at least that's what I think I read somewhere. You cannot have a family and make some fell unwanted. You need to help everyone feel welcomed.
    This is just my 2 cents.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If someone wants to :crying: about $2, do you really want that person on this forum?

Yes, actually.

The spirit of INGO is one of sharing and learning. If $$ becomes mandatory, then people won't join and see how wonderful this site really is. In fact, I'd venture to guess that this site wouldn't be quite as nice as it is now.

We already have tons of lurkers, and imposing a site fee would probably mean more lurkers and fewer members.

I personally like the fact that donations are given freely. This, to me, shows just how dedicated Hoosier Gun Owners really are. Then they can feel good about their contribution, versus just feeling like they paid the cover charge.

:twocents:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Yes, actually.

The spirit of INGO is one of sharing and learning. If $$ becomes mandatory, then people won't join and see how wonderful this site really is. In fact, I'd venture to guess that this site wouldn't be quite as nice as it is now.

We already have tons of lurkers, and imposing a site fee would probably mean more lurkers and fewer members.

I personally like the fact that donations are given freely. This, to me, shows just how dedicated Hoosier Gun Owners really are. Then they can feel good about their contribution, versus just feeling like they paid the cover charge.

:twocents:
    :+1:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes, actually.

:+1:Almost what I said below

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Who are you referring to? I don't feel like a more honorable person because I have a tag below my name. I am just glad to support INGO. If you are going to make accusations back them up.

Wow! Struck a nerve! I'm not making accusations, I'm making a statement and never intended for this to go this far but hey what the heck? I'm not going to cite examples because this isn't about slinging mud but a couple of generalities will point you in the right direction if you care to research it any further; recently a member said he was fed up with dealing with non-supporters because he was tired of no-shows, welchers, etc. Another is giving "discounts" to supporters on sales, I'll not waste anymore time or space listing other examples but you get the idea. I understand the discounts but the other poster inferred that site supporters are better people and yes that is one opinion but there were quite a few people responding to that thread that agreed with the poster as well as many that didn't. And it's odd that the two transactions that I've attempted on here were both with site supporters and both went south on their part. And no I won't go into specifics, it serves no purpose at this point. There are other examples that can be found if you look at it from a third party perspective but like I said, it isn't THAT important to me, Sorry if you took offense as I wasn't singling anyone out. That's the problem with generalities, too vague! Lets let it go, if you'd like to discuss it further pm me.:patriot:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Yes, actually.

I would love to test that theory. I belive just the opposite would happen. If they are paying to be members they will care more. Just my :twocents:

Anyways just change the word "site" to "athletic" and then they can be jock straps.:D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Something in between would be the answer

Yes, actually.

The spirit of INGO is one of sharing and learning. If $$ becomes mandatory, then people won't join and see how wonderful this site really is. In fact, I'd venture to guess that this site wouldn't be quite as nice as it is now. We already have tons of lurkers, and imposing a site fee would probably mean more lurkers and fewer members. I personally like the fact that donations are given freely. This, to me, shows just how dedicated Hoosier Gun Owners really are. Then they can feel good about their contribution, versus just feeling like they paid the cover charge.

I agree that there should not be a fee to just be a member and use the forums to educate yourselves and others but I do believe there should be fee to sell on the classified forum in the form of a required site supporter membership for at least ten dollars. I was required to become an advertising member to list on INGO because I am a business yet there are many members on here that sell and trade a lot more than I do and won't even pony up a ten dollar bill. These people also sell on other sites including the auction sites so they know it costs ten bucks to sell any item on places like Gunbroker and that is each time they list something.

Being required to be a site supporter if you are selling would make it much easier to handle the accounting and billing vs. charging five thousand people two dollars; the ones using the site for their financial gain will be paying for this service. People who just come on to read and post to the forums would have the opportunity to contribute but it would not be required. These free riders know that they are getting a deal and a half even at ten dollars a year.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    OK, I give. I would gladly support this site but cannot find a place to join.

Please, not sad comments about my computer ability just the information please.

This sight, in my opinion, is well worth support.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I've been selling memberships at an upcharge of 15 dollars per membership and then sending the rest of the money to Fenway. You guys don't mind, do you? I NEED YO MONEY, BAAAAAAAD.

Before someone dies of an infarction, I'm kidding.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would love to test that theory. I belive just the opposite would happen. If they are paying to be members they will care more. Just my :twocents:

Those that would pay probably would care more, but it'd be a MUCH smaller crowd and we wouldn't have members like mikeandabunchofnumbers to give us a hard time.

Wait. . . I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

(Juuuuust kidding. . . we luv ya Mikey. . . :D)

Top Bottom