• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Okay.... so I've been getting the itch to get a nice 1911. At first I wanted something in .40, just because it's easier to find ammo, but I might go ahead and invest in a nice Dillon to feed the .45ACP habit I may form.

I'm looking for something nice, the one guy I will buy that I will promise myself to NEVER sell. I want it to be able to use it for USPSA and Steel matches, so I think that means it can't have a rail.

This is your chance 1911 guys, show me what you love, so I can part take in the JMB kool-aid. :ingo:

Say the budget is $1500ish... since I'll also need to get a bunch of mags, holster, etc.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    For $1500 you could get a really nice Springfield Armory, not the base models but one of the Loaded styles. I've got a Lightweight Champion Operator that is an excellent pistol. Dependable and accurate. While you probably wouldn't want the alloy frame for match use or the rail that comes on the operator series, they have models that will fit your needs. Also have a first series Kimber Stainless Gold Match. Again, a really sweet pistol. There are some good used buys in this type. Check out the "good" dealers in your area.
    Every handgunner should have at least 1 1911 in 45ACP.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, the goal is to get it loaded, so I don't have to mess with adding things later.

The only 1911 I ever shot was an old Army my grandpa and dad had.

After handling BWFRAME's Kimber Match this past weekend... I knew I had to get one.

Was eyeballing Kimber's, Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Trophy Match and the Dan Wesson CZ USA Valor, which was in one of the stories where the guy got shot by the bad guy.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    2e6djig.jpg

Springfield Loaded and do some upgrades on it. Adjustable sights and the like. I don't shoot USPSA but, it shoots better than me. :D

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    <FLAME SUIT ON> For $1500 you can buy a Taurus PT-1911 like mine. Plus several thousand rounds of 230gr FMJ to put through it. <FLAME SUIT OFF>

2vcsuhi.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd keep my eyes open for Springfield loaded. It seems to be the go to quality 1911 across the board. I'm planning on buying one too.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay.... so I've been getting the itch to get a nice 1911. At first I wanted something in .40, just because it's easier to find ammo, but I might go ahead and invest in a nice Dillon to feed the .45ACP habit I may form.

I'm looking for something nice, the one guy I will buy that I will promise myself to NEVER sell. I want it to be able to use it for USPSA and Steel matches, so I think that means it can't have a rail.

This is your chance 1911 guys, show me what you love, so I can part take in the JMB kool-aid. :ingo:

Say the budget is $1500ish... since I'll also need to get a bunch of mags, holster, etc.
    You can go top of the line for that kinda money.

John has several of his Les Baer's on sale currently.
    Pro Load Distributors

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You know you want a Colt. The special combat government carry is about the best thing they've got going right now. It should be just within your budget.

ColtSCG.jpg

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    My vote is towards a springfield loaded as well,I own one of the v-12 models(bottom with cobra grips) & love it. Also have a standard with 3 dot sights which is my babay

MWinez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Lebanon
    Ask anyone who knows 1911's and they will tell you the samething you get what you pay for. You can't go wrong with any good 1911, just do your research.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've got Colts, Les Baers and Springfields. For your budget (gun, mags, holster) I'd go with a Loaded Target Springfield and spend the other $500 on your accessories. You'll want a decent OWB and IWB holster, 6-10 mags and a mag pouch. The cheapest Baers are going for right around $1500, and that's about the price of a Springfield TRP also. I did see a nice Colt "Ghost" Commander down in Clarksville for $1100 that I wouldn't mind having though.

Top Bottom