• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Anyone having a problem with them staying shut ? A buddy of mine was telling that if he forces it, it will pop open without using the release?

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I have a 20 gauge New England and have never had it open on me. I am partial to the Stoeger coach gun in 12 gauge. Nice going down a narrow hallway.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anyone having a problem with them staying shut ? A buddy of mine was telling that if he forces it, it will pop open without using the release?

That is a defective, and probably a dangerous firearm.
    Tell your buddy to cease firing it IMMEDIATELY, and get it looked at by a qualified gunsmith or return it to the manufacturer.

To the O.P.
    If you just want a serviceable shotgun, and don't want to break the bank, do yourself a favor and look into the Rossi matched pair, or even the Tri-fecta.
    It is a single receiver with interchangeable barrels. The "pairs" are available in many, many combo's.
    I have one in 20ga/.22lr
    You can get 12ga/.22lr
    You can get 410ga/.22lr

The "Tri-Fecta's" are available in a muzzle loader barrel, a shotgun barrel, and a rifle barrel, in many different caliber combo's.

"Fine" is a relative term, and all my relatives think my Rossi is just "fine." ;)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    How much force? Anything can be forced open with enough pressure. Dosnt necessarily mean it's defective.

He said it aint easy, but its not like hes jumping on it either. I tried it on mind and it wont force. Im looking at it saturday, so I will have better intel on it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Saw some nut on "You Tube" cut his barrel with a hacksaw(not evenly either, and wrap a bunch of camo tape around it. I think he cut the stock also). Ruined a classic gun so he could go "Gangstra" style. Shame to watch after using one for hunting for years. In earlier post I mentioned farmers all owning one or two, maybe the guns are 30 yrs old, they still perform as made. I converted a 26in Rossi Dbl Barrel to an 18 1/2 bbl Coach Gun with no regrets.(20 ga) Fun to shoot, has rabbit ear hammers, and Wifey even lets" a couple go" with it. Either way, do a pro job and cold Blue can touch up your work. Or, leave it be, they work.

Top Bottom