• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I just started reloading 38 special/357 again after a year or so. I was given an older RCBS 3 die set to get me back on track. Here's my predicament/question. There isn't a crimp die in this set. I'm loading cat sneeze loads with a 125 grain wheel weight cast RNFP with around 3.5 grains of unique. Since I have no crimp die, I set my sizing die where the case just goes in enough to smooth the bell from the expander, does anyone else do this or have a better Idea to get a light crimp with out a crimp die?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    IIRC, the RCBS 3 die set, the bullet seater die, has to be adjusted, to crimp the shell case... If you are using .357 die, it will NOT crimp the .38 spl. case, too short... use the .38 die, and you can do BOTH, just adjust the die UP, to use the longer .357 .....

Yep. Go online to RCBS and get the pdf for the instructions to your 3 die set.

country85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks ya'll, I've been away from the reloading bench for so long looks like I forgot how to set up my dies lol

country85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Found something interesting. My die set is a RCBS 18207, Seems it was made as a wadcutter die set and didn't include a crimp die, who'da thunk it lol

Top Bottom