• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Shorter, lighter and quieter than the Saker 762 (which I have waiting in NFA jail, BTW) and comes with direct thread and ASR mount. Only 13 oz for a full-auto rated 30 caliber can!

Omega - SilencerCo Firearm Suppressors

I wish I had waited on this, though I'm sure I'll be happy with my Saker 762.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ugh. I have a Saker 762 in jail too. Double jail!! It's not even gotten to my local FFL yet!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    If it can handle 5.56 out of an 8.5" barrel it has my attention.

Edit:
    Found it. Rated for 10" 5.56.

For anyone else that's interested-

DC0A5816-E183-4E99-995D-D382E5FF8728_zpsno48diba.jpg

Last edited:

bucktowner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    bloomington
    I'm sure that I'll be happy when I get my Specwar...but this looks really really cool. Dang.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews in 8 months or so.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Uggg.... I have the saker in jail too.... though I will be just as happy with it. I was waiting a long time, because the next best thing was coming out, and continually put it off, again and again.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have a Saker in jail but I think I'll prefer the Saker over the Omega. I'm already heavily invested in YHM mounts and the Omega isn't modular in that aspect. Also, I can use the Saker on my 7.5" AR-15 SBR and my soon to be 12.5" .308 SBR. Warranty won't cover that with the Omega.

After looking at the specs and price I prefer the YHM ULT .30 cal

I looked at the ULT and LT but decided against them when finding out they aren't rated for anything more powerful than .308 and that when used on a .308 barrel you need the ULT/LT mount because YHM's .30 cal QD mounts are too long. With the Saker I can keep my current mounts.

The Omega might cost an extra $46 and weigh a whopping 1.2 oz extra but it's shorter and a far superior can.

Last edited:

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    It's .6" shorter and the 1.2oz lighter is noticeable at the end of a barrel. It comes with a mount and I got it for $650 so quite a bit cheaper.

Plus how can you saw the omega is "far superior" if no one has in stock yet. You can't believe sound numbers that are released by manufactures. On top of that the brake on the omega makes it fugly looking.

Should be be a decent can but I'm not drooling over it without seeing it just because its a SiCo can

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I can say far superior because I trust Silencer Co. Everybody has done testing on the Saker and SiCo is saying the Omega is quieter. I'll take their word on that. Also, compare build materials used, length of barrels covered under warranty, and the calibers they are rated for. Not hard to guess which is the better can.

Omega>ULT

They will have deals on the Omega, just have to wait for it. I got my 7.62 Saker for less than $1000 including the stamp and transfer fee.

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    Is it a good can? Probably. Do I want to make my own decisions instead of just drinking the koolaid? You bet. Don't get me wrong they are a good company and I have several of their cans but I don't buy just because of a brand and don't write off cans just because of a brand.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    After looking at the [STRIKE]specs and [/STRIKE] price I prefer the YHM ULT .30 cal

Fixed it for you. YHM's are fine cans, but If price were the same between YHM and their competition, they would probably not be in business. They compete on price point. They are NEVER tops in their class in sound reduction.

Don't get me wrong, value is VERY important, but the Omega is shaping up to be a pretty awesome suppressor. Also, the brake on the end is removable and Silencerco will be making flat caps for it, so that should shorten it another inch and remove your fugly factor.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Even same price I would go ULT

So even if they were the exact same price, you would choose the inferior can? I think we can see who's drinking the YHM koolaid. You just made your previous statement invalid (post 12).

To be fair, no I'm not a Silencer Co fan boy. I haven't taken possession of my first Silencer Co can yet as it's still in jail. On the other hand, I do already own a YHM .30 cal QD titanium can which I bought because of its price. That's the only thing keeping YHM in the game.

Last edited:

Davecz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2014
    Dyer
    I don't consider it an inferior can, that's your opinion. It's lighter, looks better, I like the mounting system, and seems more durable bc less parts and threads to mess up. Not drinking the koolaid, I have seen this can in person and made my decision from that.

Top Bottom