• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My wench can shoot, hunt, fish, camp, clean game, and cook it. These are all good things. Her knees are shot, though, so I'm looking for a vet to "take care"of her :( So sad.

Maybe I'll just build her a little cart like you see for Dachsunds, and she can pull herself around with her hands. She can be useful now and again.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    My wench can shoot, hunt, fish, camp, clean game, and cook it. These are all good things. Her knees are shot, though, so I'm looking for a vet to "take care"of her :( So sad.

Maybe I'll just build her a little cart like you see for Dachsunds, and she can pull herself around with her hands. She can be useful now and again.

WELL it's been nice knowing you joe. :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    My wife to be is from Iran. She and her parents spent 10 years prepping to come here to the US legally so she could pursue a career and a life here. Sure she's hot but she's also a perfect match for me, supportive, smart, resourceful and has grace under pressure. She was a child in Iran during the Iran/Iraq war. She was raised by parents who were refugees from their first home which was destroyed by Saddam's forces so she's lived in SHTF more than I have. If I could think of an equivalent geographically, it would be like Illinois trying to invade/kill Indiana (we'd kick their a-- though:draw: :rockwoot:). After coming to the US, she announced to her family that she is no longer Islamic and converted to Christianity (important to me religiously and shows me that she has guts). She's a pharmacy tech right now and has a good knowledge of first aid from it. She hiked and camped in the mountains in Iran a lot. Her dad is great with planting too and taught her how to grow a garden in practically any kind of soil. No problem fishing but I will admit the one problem is hunting. She is squeamish to that. Give me a little time on that one. :ingo:

If all else fails, she'd be a great source of protein.

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    The right girl to survie with is the one you can live with day to day. But I think the OP is on to something. My wife grew up on a small dairy farm but has a BA and worked in NYC for years. She has all the country/farm skills and an education to boot and a work ethic that puts an ant to shame. The question would be if she needed me to get along in TSHTF.

So, if you are looking for your "survival-mate", go fishing in the right pond - find a farm girl or outdoorswoman. But if you are in love with the total opposite, just deal with it, enjoy it and don't expect to change anyone too much. Be happy.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    After coming to the US, she announced to her family that she is no longer Islamic and converted to Christianity (important to me religiously and shows me that she has guts)...

If all else fails, she'd be a great source of protein.

She has guts and brains, but the protein bit is just too funny :rofl:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    My wife, now of 6 years, has a little bit of girly girl in her but was also raised on a farm. Sure she's gotten a little more girly at time has went on but this chick can hold her own in a stressful situation. She's getting more into shooting, she likes fishing (even baits her own hook and takes the fish off so long as it's not a catfish), she's teaching me gardening and canning even. She's got a degree in Org Leadership which I can say has been really good for her. She use to be pretty dependent on me, but after obtaining this degree I've watched her dig deep when the need arises. She can take control of a situation when most others are stammoring around trying to figure out what to do. She's a hell of a mother and an amazing wife (though I can cook much better than her). If SHTF, I have no doubt that she could rise to the challenge, so long as there aren't any spiders in the woods (man oh man does she not like spiders)

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yea, my wife of 25 yrs. will have to be drugged and dragbagged during transit to a safe location. Needless to say, unfortunately she may not make it there.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    Rough night in No Indiana

80mph winds, tornadoes, blah, blah, blah. Everything here in my tiny corner of the world is okay. After I check the house and yard for damage I sit down for dinner.

What do I see? Next to the table is my G26 in a holster and the dog carrier.

"Cindy, why is that gun out and in a holster? And why is the dog crate out?"

Turns out that she was getting ready to bug out if she had to.

This from a woman who thinks anything less than a 2 star is camping out.

I was so damm proud of her for those baby steps today I thought my chest would burst.

The funniest part, the LCP is "her" gun, and I asked why she didnt have that one out. "Well, if I had to leave that one isnt big enough, I wanted a big gun."

LOL, good enough for me.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My wife of 38 years spent a good part of the first 30 with me off here and there, Army, commercial flying, schools, etc. She raised our son the first five years with precious little help from me. We're both city-born and yes, her idea of roughing it is if the hotel has a coat rack instead of a closet, but we've weathered hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, accidents, unemployment, and teen-age boydom, my deployment to Katrina and Iraq. She has her gun permit and her bugout bag. If she doesn't make it, not sure I want to, but we'll both go out trying.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    My wife is a country girl but is not as willing as me to rough it out. Her biggest problem is her appetite she loves to eat and not nutritious food. That is a problem since food must be rationed and be as nutritious as possible and also she is a bookie type which is great but I just wish she would pick up a survival manual sometime. Other than that she is great and is the best mother and wife out there, I am blessed to have her.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife doesn't handle stress well, and "thinking" about SHTF freaks her out a bit. That said, she is a meticulous planner and very organized. When it comes to tracking our stocks, managing the household, planning and tending the garden, etc...., she can run circles around me. I'm much more "shoot from the hip" and go with the flow. Yeah, we get on each others nerves a bit, but we also compliment each other well.

If SHTF, I know what I can count on her to do (and she knows what to expect from me). We also know what NOT to ask of each other, 'cause it just isn't in our repertoire. It is definitely a team effort!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I'm pretty happy with my wife. She likes to camp, hike, and hunt. We get along well, and have gotten more and more on the same page. I can't preach to her, but she's figuring some stuff out on her own. She really surprised me the other day by applying to the local Police Department. If she got that job I guess that might get her more interested in guns! I think it's important to have a partner that can hear what you're saying and help "ground" you, someone you can figure out a solution together.

Top Bottom