• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I assume most people reading this are men.

The question is about your significant other, wife or girlfriend.
    You picked her for one or several reasons. Maybe she is hot, a great cook, a good friend first, comes from a good family, is rich, is smart, is strong, great mother, etc. Maybe some or all of the above.

The question is, is she a good partner for you when SHTF or TEOTWAWKI ?
    Does her attributes translate into more likely survival in lean times? Or is it possible that she won't be very useful or even able to transition to a tough existence?

My view is country girls rule. If they can drive a truck and tractor, shoot reasonably well, cook and can, camp, garden, raise livestock and have a can-do, positive attitude, they make great partners now and when trouble comes.

What kind of women are best, which to avoid (for those uncommitted among us)?

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    One's background isn't as important to me as their willingness to learn. My girlfriend was a stereotypical city-girl when we started dating, now she loves shooting and hiking, and soaks up everything I teach her, and I likewise. While it would be easier if she already knew it all, I certainly wouldn't trade her for someone else.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    My girl of 23 yrs, meets most of the above criteria. I have seen her hold it together in a high stress moment, only to find her a wreck afterwards. She has no problem with guts and gore, and has said on many, primitive camping trips how she wished life were that simple all the time. She shoots, fishes (better than me some days) has finally learned to cook, :D, dabbles at canning.

I can say, I have no problem knowing, she would be able to keep my back, or hold down the fort if stuff got tuff. Buy the way she aint for sale.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My view is country girls rule. If they can drive a truck and tractor, shoot reasonably well, cook and can, camp, garden, raise livestock and have a can-do, positive attitude, they make great partners now and when trouble comes.

My wife was a Fort Wayne girl, but learned to cook, shoot, garden, and do all the various chores associated with helping maintain our family in times of need. Now that we are in the country she has a 10,000 sq ft garden, knows how to get the generator fired up and running the house, can shoot any of our firearms, and is an overall great partner (of 33 years). :yesway:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Women who don't have situational awareness and who fall apart when things are turning ugly aren't the kind I want for a partner. I like someone who can watch my back when SHTF, and who I can rely on to do their part. I've never been with the prissy sort who just has to have everything just so and who pouts or throws a tantrum when they don't get their way. I like them intelligent, self-reliant, and competent. I have never settled for anything less.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My wife:
    -military brat
    -her dad retired (Lt. Colonel) to a farm in Crawford County where she learned to hunt, garden, can food, field dress game etc.
    -she teaches physics and chemistry
    -she is a decent carpenter (I can build things faster, hers have right angles)

I think I'll keep her in SHTF/TEOTWAWKI.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I knew I had a city girl when we were driving out in the country to a friends house at night and she said " It's so dark, where are all the street lights"

She has come a long way in 15 years. But I think I'm gonna have to kick her to the curb. Yesterday when we were going out I was CCing, and also added my double mag holder to my belt and she says " what do you need all that extra ammo for?"

Need I say more??? :rolleyes:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Mine grew up on a farm, and we will be getting it eventually. Shoots with me, her dad, my dad. Has a terrible attitude if anyone says she cant do something. Oh, she gorgeous too.

I am all set!

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    My wife of 14 years is the exact opposite of me. Well not totally but mostly. She doesn't like to camp doesn't like gardening doesn't like shooting or guns for that matter thinks her phone can save her and loves TV. I on the other hand love all of those things with the exception of the TV. That being said I wouldn't trade her for nothing.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Before i got married my wife was a single mother and paid all her own bills. She is very self reliant, grew up a tomboy, and more or less knows her stuff. I married her because she didn't need a man and I didn't need a woman. We compliment each other pretty well. If the SHTF, I think we'll do alright.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    well, i'm screwed. my wife is a true city girl. when the SHTF she'll be heading to downtown chicago to do some shopping while the rest of us fight it out. a few weeks ago while camping at my dads farm she and all three of the kiddies nearly destroyed the new tent because of an ant. she can cook, clean and do almost all of the normal household chores but when it comes to being outdoors shes at a loss. i'm trying to teach her but at times is unwilling to be taught. so, daddy must stay alive, she may be collateral damage at some point but shes the love of my life. i'll work out the details later. for those of you who are in my situation, NETWORK. find other families who have the knowledge and ability and make sure when this all goes down that you can link up quickly because you'll need all the help you can get. oh yeah, my wifes very gorgeous and loves me very much, she gets alot of points for that!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife: 6' 2.5" of equestrian-farm-raised, collegiate volleyball playin', master's degree havin', middle-school math teachin' goodness.

What's that mean? That she's smarter than most of you. And more athletic than most of you. And stronger than most of you. AND has the work ethic and drive to "get it done".

And no, you can't see pics. :D

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My wife: 6' 2.5" of equestrian-farm-raised, collegiate volleyball playin', master's degree havin', middle-school math teachin' goodness.

What's that mean? That she's smarter than most of you. And more athletic than most of you. And stronger than most of you. AND has the work ethic and drive to "get it done".

And no, you can't see pics. :D

You forgot to mention you been hiding her glasses for how many years now?....:laugh:

doug1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Crestview, Florida
    Well I think my wife would do just fine if TSHTF. We met in Iraq while deployed so I think she qualifies. She is fit, more than me, she shoots expert like me, she can cook, and loves the outdoors. She is a typical city girl from OKC, so there are some things she doesn't like, outhouses, but she will do what needs to be done. All in all she is a girly girl and that's what I wanted, but she can kick some a$$ if need be.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For 31 years my wife has held up well, always handled any adversity or job that came along. No reason to believe that will ever change.:)

Top Bottom