• ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm from the streets, son!

By that, I mean Columbus. I always describe it as a place that masks the darkest deeds during the darkest hours. Sure, we have a mall... but that mall doesn't even have a Hot Topic.

We also don't have a burrito place in town and we JUST got a Jimmy Johns. Yea, life is tough but someone has to live here... and it might as well be ME.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

By that, I mean Columbus. I always describe it as a place that masks the darkest deeds during the darkest hours. Sure, we have a mall... but that mall doesn't even have a Hot Topic.

We also don't have a burrito place in town and we JUST got a Jimmy Johns. Yea, life is tough but someone has to live here... and it might as well be ME.

:+1:

East Columbus born and raised, there's the streets, LOL.

AAAAAANNNNNNNDDDD we just got a Best Buy, so we can feel better about overpriced electronics...

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    @ OP, why do I get the feeling you're poking fun at him? (The neighbor that is)

Peter Schiff rents...tell him he is wasting his money ;)

:hijack:
    I bet the investors with his firm who are down 40% of their portfolios since 2008 because they followed his "The dollar is going to crash, invest in foreign stocks" advice would tell him he's wasting his money...... even though I agree with his outlook on gold... I don't put all my eggs in one baskett and I certainly don't think renting is a long term effective use of your cash.

That being said, if you rent you build no equity. It's not quite "Wasting your money" because you get a roof over your head for the duration of your lease but if you're patient and able to pay cash for a home, then you can significantly increase the efficiency of your money over a long term evaluation.

IE:

You rent a house worth 100,000 for 1,000 a month for 3 years.

Total expense for roof over your head, 36,000.

If you bought said house for 100,000, lived there for 3 years and then sold the house for a 15% loss *85,000* you would have effectively earned yourself 21,000$ on a 100,000 investment. Show me where else you're going to find a 21% ROI over 3 years?

Obviously there are other factors and these are very round numbers but this is the basic principle.

Just imagine how much long term profit you could have made if you were able to sell the home for exactly what you paid!!

END :hijack:

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    @ OP, why do I get the feeling you're poking fun at him? (The neighbor that is)
    not really, its just a curiosity to me. marines are usually violently defensive of everything marine corps. but maybe jetgirls comment explains it. ive got no beef with the gadsden or anyone that flies it.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    this place sucks, but im no stranger to **** holes. i grew up right off camp lejeune in jacksonville. if youve been there...you know.

Ah yes Jacksonville is a **** hole. I have never seen so many strip clubs in my life and the only place I have seen them in trailers. Im glad I was only there for 2 weeks

Last edited:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

Watchutalkinbout Willis? There's about 20 places on the mean streets here to buy an authentic burrito. Most of them served by a guy with water from the Rio Grande water still dripping out of his shoes.

Top Bottom