AmeriGlo Pro Operator rear sight GL-229-OP-R

AmeriGloProOperator002.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have Meps on my G23 and Trijicons on my G27. I like them enough and they light up bright at night, but I am wanting to try a set of the XS Bigdots ASAP. I feel they will be the best on my EDC. Good luck with your decision.

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    I run a big dot set on a Glock 19 and I like them a lot. I have different sights on different guns including meprolights on a duty weapon and some fiber optic on some guns I use for three gun matches. With almost 50 year old eyes the big dots are easy to pick up and easy to hit with at 15 yards with both eyes open. They tend to cover a lot of the target at 25 yards but you can still place rounds where you want them with a little pratice

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    I run a big dot set on a Glock 19 and I like them a lot. I have different sights on different guns including meprolights on a duty weapon and some fiber optic on some guns I use for three gun matches. With almost 50 year old eyes the big dots are easy to pick up and easy to hit with at 15 yards with both eyes open. They tend to cover a lot of the target at 25 yards but you can still place rounds where you want them with a little pratice
    Thanks for all the input. I also have 50 year old eyes. The big dots may just be worth a try for me, at least on one gun, with a nite site option.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I just got done RO'ing at the GSSF match in Indy. Several guys where using the shallow "V" and large dot sights and they did very well with them. They would not be my sight of choice for Bullseye competition but for carry they seem to work very well.

Most competitors don't use them because they need to hit an X-count scoring ring, for fast center mass SD work they do very well.

I am use to a three dot system however and will be adding a set of the Truglo Tritium/Fiber Optic sights to my Glock in the near future. I do like the three dot system and I do like having night sights on a defensive handgun, the Truglo offers both in a single sight.

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    night sights for glock

Just a thought, check my Kel-Tec pf9 customized sights, made with glow-on from Glow-On, simple to apply and super affordable, in fact if you have lots of guns it should be enouh in the vial for all of them.
    The rear sight was created with the Glow-on self adhesive, same stuff in the for of a self adhesive card.
    For guns like mine it was the only viable solution, trijicon and others don't make sights for all guns, in any case nothing is perfect, just suitable.
    p1010155.jpg

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    I picked up a Glock 19 for a song, but I need to replace the rear sights. I need some input as to what kind of sights to use. I am considering the options of night sights, or fiber optic sights. Some have told me that they are easy to replace, but I want it done right. Any ideas or suggestions will help me out. I've looked at Midway, and Cheaper Than Dirt. So now I am open to your expertise on this subject. Thanks for taking the time.

I put Truglo TFO's on my G19 and absolutely love them. I went with the yellow rear / green front and really like the color contrast. They are very bright in all lighting conditions and glow nicely in the dark. I had them installed at a local gun shop because I didn't want to chance messing up the sights or my gun.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Quite happy with the sevigny carry sights on my G19. I'm replacing the .215 tall with the .245 tall though because I'm hitting ~2.5" high at 10 yds, and I prefer POA=POI vs a 6-oclock hold. The rear tritium is smaller than the front, so it's very fast to pick up the FS and have it distinguished from the rear.

-rvb

Top Bottom