• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had one and it was absolutely amazing. Everything you expect from sig at an affordable price.
    Had? Did you find something you liked better, or just like to change things up? I have a Charles Daley HP and don't ever plan to get rid of it, but was considering adding another 9mm, just for fun, but didn't want to spend too much, 'cause my play money needs to go to a toy of a different kind. Just looking for INGO opinions. Thanks for all the input.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Had? Did you find something you liked better, or just like to change things up? I have a Charles Daley HP and don't ever plan to get rid of it, but was considering adding another 9mm, just for fun, but didn't want to spend too much, 'cause my play money needs to go to a toy of a different kind. Just looking for INGO opinions. Thanks for all the input.
    Kill this thread. Teddy12b has a better one going. Lots more info. Sounds like I should buy a Sig SP2022.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have never been a fan of any guns with a double action/single action trigger or even DAO. Striker fire triggers are more akin to single action and feels better in the pull, hence I think it's a better for new gun owners

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I have never been a fan of any guns with a double action/single action trigger or even DAO. Striker fire triggers are more akin to single action and feels better in the pull, hence I think it's a better for new gun owners

I respectfully disagree. Why not let a potential new gun owner try each type at a dealer or range or friends and find out which is better for themself. :)

Warning about Sig Pros: They are considered the gateway Sig which could start a long addiction. :ingo:

Here is some Saturday afternoon reading... http://lundestudio.com/SigProFAQ/

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have both. I have an XD .40 that I purchased in May of 2011, and I just recently purchased a 2022 in 9mm. Both are great weapons. I love the decocker feature on the 2022, but also like the grip safety on the XD. Both shoot great. XD has a shorter trigger pull, where as the 2022 has a longer trigger pull. Outside of magazine capacity (which isnt equal due to caliber), they are just about the same weapon.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    If it came with more than one mag, I probably would have bought one this past weekend. I decided on a Glock instead, but if the 2022 is anything like my buddies P229 I wouldn't mind picking one up down the road.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I love the Sig 2022. I have fired over 1,000 rounds through mine with out a hint of a malfuntion. My only complaint is not finding accessories/holsters for it.

Highly recommended.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Make sure you're happy with the grip. It's an acquired taste. There are 100,000's of these guns in circulation and they have a good reputation.

Um! they come with two different sizes of grips and you can change them out! I love mine!! top notch gun!! :D

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I also recently puchased a sp and its great. feels great and has 3different grip sections. it also weighs in around 10oz less than the 226. The only complaint is the ugly loaded chamber thing at the top. It was between the sp and a g17 but i liked the look of the sig and really prefer the sa/da for carry. for the price you will have a hard time finding better. safariland and blackhawk make nice holsters that are for the sp. it will also use beretta 92 mags if you cut a new notch. I would highly recommend if your on a budget.

gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen
    I have the Sig 2022 and from a woman's and a newer-handgun owner's perspective, it's a nice gun. I like that the back strap can be replaced so that potentially anyone can use it. The smaller back strap fits my hand perfectly. (I don't have small hands, but my sis-in-law does and it fits her just as well). What I don't like is firing the first round when the gun isn't cocked. The trigger pull is very long, and since I had a Glock 19 before, I was expecting that the Sig would fire just as easily and I could figure out the firing point just as quickly. It didn't and I didn't. I'm not ashamed to say that it scared the crap out of me the first few times because I wasn't expecting it to fire at that point in time, but I got used to it. My brother has used this gun for years and loved it. Overall this is a nice gun.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I was torn between the Sig 2022 and the CZ P-07 Duty, I think I have finally chosen the CZ mostly because I like the De-cocker more.

Both are good firearms based on what I've read and know about them. Personally I'd get the P-09 Duty not the P-07, but that's just me. Also I wouldn't mind having a CZ-75 or CZ-85.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Also, I've wanted a Sig for awhile now, and that's one thing that I don't like about them being left-hand dominant. The CZ has ambidextrous decock on it so that make sit a bit more appealing ot me.

Avon76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Love my Sig 2022 in .40. I have Glocks too but love the Sig. As with any new gun the first trip I hated it, but after that I fell in love with it.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Outside of the classic line, the SP2022 is the best thing Sig has going right now. A very under-rated gun.

Top Bottom