• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I've shot both, the Taurus I own and the Sig was my buddy's. The sa on the Sig is very nice, but the 92 shot much better for me. I don't know that I'd get rid of a Sig for the 92, but I wouldn't get rid of the 92 for a Sig either. I prefer the contols on the Taurus as well. I actually hate Taurus, but I LOVE my 92. It's like a Kia that drives like a Mercedes.

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I had a PT92 and it was so so. I got it because I shot an M9 in the Army and I wanted to practice with what I carried. It failed to go into battery after about 400 rounds. After getting it back from Taurus it shot about six inches high at 50'. I got rid of it after that. If the SIG fits your hand and hits what you shoot at. Keep it. I wouldn't trade a SIG for any Taurus.

Scott

Michld01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have the SIG and love it! It has an awesome trigger, and the is hard to beat for the price. I recently purchased the smallest of the three grip sizes, and it now feels even better in my hand.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have both the Taurus PT99 AFS and the ATI92. I could have bought a
    Baretta if I had wanted one. I have only had them a few months and have only ran a few hundred rounds through both of them. They both shoot great at 15 yards and have not hiccupped once. Good enough for me is to put all 15 rounds either in your face or around your heart at 45 feet. So far I have no complaints about either firearm. I think the stainless stell Taurus is rather pretty and it will be my carry gun if I ever decide to go into pimping prostitutes. If I wanted a Sig or a Glock, I would have a Sig or a Glock like I would have a Kimber or an Ed Brown if I really wanted one instead of my Taurus 1911 and S&W 1911. I just guess that I have been extremely lucky that the POS firearms that I have must have been the ones produced on Tuesday. I also like to periodically clean and maintain my guns on a regular basis. I really wish that some one of the more knowledgeable people on the web site would have warned me before I went out and bought all of crap firearms that I have bought over the years.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've got a PT99, and have owned a SIG Pro in the past.

Quality wise, the SIG was superior. Fit was precise. Trigger was amazing. Just didn't like the .40 S&W as much as 9mm.

That said, there's nothing wrong the the PT99 I have. I've put several thousand rounds through it, and never a hiccup. It used to be my carry gun when I was working for a more permissive company.

I'm selling the PT99 now because I'm going Glock.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have a PT92AFS which does shoot well, takes down for cleaning easily, has a rail for tac light, and is alloy/stainless steel. Mag capacity is 17 + 1, and have 15rd mags for backup. Have never had a problem (3000 rds fired) and carries in a UM84 Bianchi military holster at the range or in the woods. I would like to own another Sig if I could find one used at a good price. They perform well. Get both and be covered at home and while carrying.

Top Bottom