• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Which of these two would you say is higher quality? More reliable? The one you'd rather have? I've got a SIG SP2022 and it's a H... of a gun, but there's still something about the Taurus PT92 (especially the AFS) that I like the looks of, even though I've never shot one.

My wife has placed a maximum on my firearms inventory, so I probably can't get away with having both! :(

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    You are sure to get a wide variety of answers on this. I have never owned the Sig. I did at one time have a PT99 (same as 92 except with adjustable sights)

It was a great gun. Shot very well. Never a problem.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Most people are gonna tell you the sig ....Why because its a sig ,
    I like them both ....Have a few Taurus guns ..never had a problem with them ..

Of course Im not an INTERNET expert on guns ...
    I just sell them for a living :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    SIG, all day every day. And I'm not a "SIG guy" by any stretch. ;)

If you like the 92 style, look for an ATI-92 or a police trade-in Beretta; either should be same price or less than the Taurus.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    SIG, all day every day. And I'm not a "SIG guy" by any stretch. ;)

If you like the 92 style, look for an ATI-92 or a police trade-in Beretta; either should be same price or less than the Taurus.

The Taurus'll shoot with if not outperform both....and has better features than the Beretta.....my :twocents:

:cool:

Have a 99 Taurus....Pre-ban....many,many rounds downrange of all types,no failures.....ever....and sometimes an EDC in a JackAss rig, so....:dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Taurus PT99 that's probably close to 20 years old now. I'm the only owner and I have never had an issue with the gun, and I've never owned a Sig, but I would not get rid of a Sig for the Taurus.

I had my Taurus PT99 Black T'd not long after I bought it, and therefore I'll never trade or sell it either.

I've sold/traded several guns in the past, but going to do my best not to sell anything else off.

Keep the Sig, look for a well priced Taurus (maybe on the classifieds and just see if you can shoot it before buying), or as shooter said pick up an ATI. I've never owned an ATI, but they have garnered much praise here on INGO from the folks that do own them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I don't have experience with Sigs, but have a PT92 that is probably getting to be 23,24 years old. It's a very good gun and I've shot it a lot, never any problems. These guns were built on the original Beretta tooling when Forjas Taurus took over the plant, and I love the frame-mounted safety...just like the 1st gen Berettas had, before they effed it up with that !@#$% slide-mounted thing that everyone is so enamored of today.

I'm not a huge fan of Taurus, but I do like these PT guns. People's experience seems to vary with these...but mine is great, and that's from someone who's shot one a LOT.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hmmmmm. Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I can finagle some way of getting the Taurus and keeping the SIG, too. :rolleyes:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    I've shot 'em both and prefer the SIG. But then it fits my hand a lot better.

If it wasn't for Ruger, I would also be a dyed-in-the-wool 100% SIG kinda' guy.

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Just got to go to the range yesterday to shoot my brand spankin' new Taurus PT 92 AF.
    picture.php

It was too cold to really enjoy myself but the gun functioned extremely well. One of the features of the 92, which I believe are basically like a 1911??, is decocking and the ability to carry cocked and locked. This gun is very easy to shoot and has almost no recoil. I have never shot the Sig 2022 so can't compare 'em.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I would say quality is the same but the ergos and parts availability are a bit better on the taurus. I have had several of both those models and both are excellent guns as long as they fit your hand.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I own 2 Sig P2022's - one in 9 mm & one in .40 Cal

SigP202240cal2.jpg

The Sig P2022 have the best triggers ever - straight fro the factory.

Everyone knows about Sig quality and reliability.

:cool:

Top Bottom