• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Does anyone know around what serial numbers Sig changed the extractor etc? I have a p938 serial # 14,xxx. I was curious if it already had the newer extractor. I guess I can call Sig, but was just curious.

sig40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    I have a 938 and have not had any problem with it. I just took the advice of another 938 owner and shoot it with a firm grip and all is well.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I havnt had the time to fire the weapon since and finding different brands of ammo. I was on sig's website and i can't find a email address to ask them a few questions. Does anyone know what their email is? Also since I'm not the original buyer from the dealer will they cover everything to fix the firearm is need be?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I had FTF issues with my Sig 1911 using TAP ammo. I called their customer service, sent pictures through the e-mail and they took mine and my son's 1911's back to polish the chamfer on the breech. Turns out TAP ammo has a slightly different size to it and the ammo was sticking. Didn't have FTE, but did have FTF.

Just figured Sig wasn't very far on the 1911 learning curve yet - they're relatively new to 1911's. Since then, both firearms working beautifully and incredibly accurate.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Legg, I have a P938 that was born in December '12. It fired flawlessly until about 250 rounds when it just went >click< and wouldn't strike the primers.

I called Sig, explained the problem, was told that it didn't sound like a field fix and that they would e-mail me a return label within 10 minutes, which they did. I boxed it up, sent it back, and about 10 days later received it with an ammo box end flap and a note that just said that they had run "50 rounds through it with no malfunctions."

From that point on, it has been perfect. I'm up to about 500 rounds through it, and no issues of note.

Watching a bunch of students on the line with small semi-autos has taught me that a lot of people DO indeed limp-wrist small pistols and induce malfunctions. There's no shame in that. It happens. It's a function of low-mass slides and a lack of attention to form.

Do keep us updated on your progress. Also, the SigTalk Forum is a good place for info on Sigs.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I just fired 50 rounds flawlessly but gripping the hell out of it until my hand turned red lol not happy about how I have to grip it considering I can't fire it one handed if need be considering this is my every day carry firearm but I may have it sold at the moment

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah I just fired 50 rounds flawlessly but gripping the hell out of it until my hand turned red lol not happy about how I have to grip it considering I can't fire it one handed if need be considering this is my every day carry firearm but I may have it sold at the moment
    Then you may want to consider a larger firearm.

I've always carried a full-size firearm and never had issues concealing when I needed to. Heck, I have my full size 1911 on me all the time except when I'm sleeping and unless I'm OC, or you know me, you'd never be the wiser.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I bought a new p938 a week ago and had a bad range day with it yesterday. In the 6 round mag it is virtually impossible to get the 3rd round in. After the 3rd the rest of the rounds when fine. The 7 round mag loads normally. No matter which mag was in the gun I had problems every time I shot it. Lots of FTF problems. Twice when it wouldn't fire I released the mag and along with the mag a loose live round came out the grip. Much to my surprise there was also a live round in the chamber. I put a death grip in it thinking the problem might be limp wristing but it didn't help.

I bought the p938 because I was so happy with my p238. Ill be contacting Sig on Monday

Slash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Polish the cartridge chamber with flitz with a hand held frill on low speed. This might help also.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I would talk to sig and see what your options are. they are awesome firearms. Every company is going to have a flaw every once in awhile, but I would at least give them a chance to make it right.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I see it just sold, so it'll be interesting to see if the buyer reports any problems.

I've been thinking about another small semi-auto lately, but threads like this are giving me pause...

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I bought a new p938 a week ago and had a bad range day with it yesterday. In the 6 round mag it is virtually impossible to get the 3rd round in. After the 3rd the rest of the rounds when fine. The 7 round mag loads normally. No matter which mag was in the gun I had problems every time I shot it. Lots of FTF problems. Twice when it wouldn't fire I released the mag and along with the mag a loose live round came out the grip. Much to my surprise there was also a live round in the chamber. I put a death grip in it thinking the problem might be limp wristing but it didn't help.

I bought the p938 because I was so happy with my p238. Ill be contacting Sig on Monday

I called Sig, and the customer service rep was very friendly and helpful. He recommeded I stay away from WWB even in 124 grain. He said the p938 just doesn't like it. He recommeded that I clean the gun and keep the mags loaded to break in the mag springs. I returned to the range and shot around 100 rounds through it without incedent. Ammo was Winshester Nato, Remington UMC, and after they ran through smooth I ran some WWB 115 grain without any problems. At this time I am very happy with the function of the gun and the Sig customer service.

Top Bottom