• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    They appear to be having some teething problems, rushed to market according to the folks over at Sigtalk. I held one and like the feel of it way better than any other sub compact 9mm i've held. If they ever get the bugs worked out I'll probably get one.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Read an article by Patrick Sweeney (I believe he was the author) in Guns & Ammo. Review seemed solid and performance was excellent. I plan to get one later down the road when I have a little extra play money. I've seen plenty on Gunbroker

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    if you call sig there was a problem on about a 1000 of them for ejection problem but bugs should be worked out now. If you get one of the one with the problems they are quick to fix it.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    if you call sig there was a problem on about a 1000 of them for ejection problem but bugs should be worked out now. If you get one of the one with the problems they are quick to fix it.

From what I can tell the problems seem to go away with production starting in about December 2012, I am going to make sure all of the early guns are out of the pipeline before I get one, which may not take long with sales the way they are.

Not all of the early ones had problems, and the people that got good ones seem to like them. I've also read stories of guns with three trips back to Sig.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    On a side note they appear to be a hard to find item right now. A long with every thing else I guess. I have yet to see one in stock same goes with the P238. Both are on my short list for an EDC piece. Right now my Border Marshal is it and due to size stays home a lot.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I bought an Extreme version back in November 2012. Serial # 14,***. I have been nothing but pleased. I read on Sig forums that there were extraction issus with early guns, but these were remedied. I purchased mine for under $580 BNIB. Of course that was before the craziness started.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    I just recently aqquired a P938 Nightmare. I have about 100 rounds thru it now. I have shot all ammo including + P and have had no issues.
    It's a mini 1911!

Glen

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Thank you SmokinSigs357. I can see by your screen name that you also have a taste for the finer things in life.

Last edited:

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    Thanks for the replies. My wife bought a Kahr CM9 and it's a fine piece but she can't rack the slide. The Sig may be one she can handle. I did see one at Gander Mtn. in Evansville Yesterday but guys were standing in line at the handgun counter and I didn't want to wait, plus GM has the highest prices around. Their price on the Kahr was $100 over what we paid for hers!

Top Bottom