• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    Agreed, but if you are already looking at DAO firearm with 2 models - one with, and one without the "double-strike" capability...the question becomes why wouldn't you want it?

my answer to that is that if a gun does not have double-strike capability, then it must have a mechanism that is cocked by the action of the slide. in this case the trigger would have a much easier pull. double strike will never be the ONLY difference. otherwise i would agree.

so you're back to the same decision. easy pull with no double strike, or hard pull with double strike. i will always go with a comfy trigger.

in the case of the 290, i've never fired the model without double strike but i gotta believe it works in this manner. someone needs to correct me if i'm wrong.

adam

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    On a 290 every time you pull trigger the hammer drops whether the action cycles or not

apparently not:

If you do go the p290 route make sure it is the p290RS model - true DAO operation. On the original model the hammer would only strike the firing pin if the slide had be cycled. So, if for some reason you needed to re-strike the primer on the same cartridge you couldn't.

Top Bottom