• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, I bit the bullet and got one of their sale Sig P250 compact 9mms from Bradis (Yeay Shooter521, who is probably sick of my butt coming into his shop :D ). Stainless, night sights, box, bumper sticker (deal breaker), $399 plus tax. Good deal. Original grip frame, but no biggie, I have mags already on back order (cmon January! :D ).

Get to the range (cursory report nothing serious): I have 50 WWB FMJ, 20 PDX1 +P and 50 of my handloads (147gr Berrys RN, 3.1gr Titegroup, 1.18 OAL, matched to throat). Overall, EXCELLENT pistol. 7 yards was a breeze (covered 5 round groups with a quarter). No learning curve with this gun as a DAO pistol.

At speed, that gun was absurdly "easy". With it's long reset, I actually liked it! I didn't have to worry about reset, just finger out, finger in (boy that came out wrong). Coming from a revolver mindset and former carry, it was perfect and synched up with my practicing from before. While higher bore axis than Glock or the SR9, it was not bad in flip and very controllable. I would highly suggest it for a "simple" gun for a beginner.

My only two gripes:
    1. My handloads: Some of the primers were a TOUCH too high. When I fired them, click, nothing. Second pull, bang. Got annoying and made me really reconsider the pistol, but not all the rounds did that, still. I followed up with my PDX1, no failures. WWB, no failures. Note to self: Adjust your ****ing priming tool! :D
    2. Was hitting high and right: Group was high/right with 147gr. Now mind you, not high and right and wide. No, high and right and absurdly tight with no flyers or rounds outside of a quarter size. A cursory measurement when I got home showed me that the front sight was just a smidge too far over to the left. A quick tap to readjust it, I put it dead center of the slide. I cannot wait until I shoot it again to see if I got it right (note, rear sight is NOT driftable). One thing about the "high" part, the 115gr stuff was dead on POA. The 147gr stuff was about 2-3" high roughly. Outside of Hi Powers, this is one of the most weight sensitive sighting situations I have seen, but no biggie! 25 yards showed both weights hitting dead on POA.

I keep getting haunted by reviews online of the Sig P250 and the ATF tests, but this gun ran very well and was superbly accurate. I did not think I would be that accurate with this pistol's DAO action!

Holsters! I found an old Tagua belt holster at home designed for the Taurus Millenium series fit perfect and provided good retention. Drawing was smooth and natural pointing. At the store, I tried a variety of other Sig holsters, but no luck (they did not have any that fit and no Sig P220 holster for an attempt). I got super lucky having that holster at home for a gun I sold over 5 years ago!

So, that blathering aside, anyone have the P250 they like? Disliked? Tips? Tricks? I want to hear from actual owners, not "I heard from the..." types or those who want only to give bad due to it not being an alloy framed Sig wonder weapon! :D It sort of reminds me of a DAO, Sig CZ P07!

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I have a .40 compact (new frame style) and a .45 full size. I had some fail to feed issues with the .45. Sig replaced the slide, and mag followers under warranty. Has run fine with about 400 rounds though it, since.

The DA trigger only gives me problems at the range when shooting a variety of different guns first (Mark III, Gold Cup, SW1911). Jumping to the P250 makes it feel like I have a 50lbs trigger :).

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Prices came down as I understand it as a result of a redesign. may be hard up to replace parts IF something breaks. glad you are happy. I liked the concept, but I'd really like to see a couple other companies try their hand at it.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I bought one (couldn't resist the 21st century deal) I have not had the chance to shoot it yet.

While browsing through m4carbine the other day I noticed a thread about the p250. The pistol seemed to get horrible reviews over there . I'll try and dig up some links.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    School me on the Sig Sauer P250 - M4Carbine.net Forums

Also note that the only US agency to adopt the P250, the FAMS, encountered so many problems and failures with the P250 that they recalled the weapons from service. Now about a million dollars worth of P250's sit in a warehouse collecting dust because that's all they were suitable for.

These would all be clues about the suitability of that weapon as a tool of personal defense.

When I attended my last Sig LE Armorer's class, the Sig FACTORY Armorer Instructor was discussing which models we would be working with. He held up a P250 and asked "Anyone's agency issue this one?" No one responded. He then said "Good. Then we won't bother with this piece of ****" as he put it back in the box. He added "Makes me embarrassed for the company working on those".

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    yes alot of people will beat the p250 up saying its sigs biggest flop. i have the p250 .45 cal and love it , imo great gun no probs with it no f.t.e no f.t.f. congrats with the new purchase.

Vladislas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I bought a 2nd Gen P250 Compact a few weeks ago and I love it the problems that pegged the 1st Gen have been fixed. As for the DAO trigger just takes a couple trips to the Gun Range to get use to it.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I have enjoyed my P250. I started with the sub compact but quickly decieded I needed a longer grip. So I bought a compact frame and modified it (cut 1/4" of the end) to accept the sub compact slide. after that I really liked shooting it better. I couldnt find any holster for it so I had one made by Hooch Holsters and it is great. I think I am just bored with it now which is why I put it for sale or trade. I have been shooting some different guns recently and it has made me want something else. My biggest complaints are that holsters and mags are hard to get for it. And the mags are expensive.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I want a 9mm compact model, I have not shot one, but I have seen and read good things, along with the bad

crarndtii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I got one for my dad. He seems to like it. It is a 9mm range gun for him but he likes it. They seem to feel good in the hand but I am not sure that I like that LONG reset. I am a Glock guy and that reset is like a walk to the front sight compared to the Glock twitch your eye lid reset. None the less, his hits on point of aim and seems to shoot smoothly.

dannyb89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Noblesville
    I picked up a first gen P250c 9mm in a trade 3 months back. I had heard nothing good about the gun, but wanted to give it a chance. Since then I've run, about 250 rounds through it with 0 issues from the gun itself. One of the mags had feeding issues, but as it turned out it was a 10 rounder that was "converted" to high capacity.

My first impressions where that the gun had a good feel. The trigger was surprisingly light, but incredibly LONG! Having experience with revolvers was a big help. The accuracy of this pistol is phenomenal. I shot well at close range and decided to empty a mag from 40 yards. First shot landed on the head of a bowling pin (right were I was aiming). The rest were pretty much right on target. Overall I am very impressed with the gun. My biggest gripe is that the gen 1 and gen 2 mags aren't interchangable.

If you are looking for holsters check out eBay. There is a guy in Michigan that makes leather and kydex holsters for around $40. Since acquiring the gun, I've polished the barrel and did a detailed dis-assembly, honing and polishing as I reassembled. For the money and features, I think this really is a good gun.

Last edited:

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Had one as my EDC for a few months now.

I'll be the first to laud its virtues. I absolutely love mine. Over 600 rds through it and no issues.

Top Bottom