• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I learned something from the Sig Rep. With the hammer cocked and the safty on, you can action the slide. With the hammer down and the safty on you can not action the slide.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I got one....

Picked it up before I left work on Saturday... Shot it today, and it is a fantastic gun. I think they picked up where Colt left the mustang. Although not priced in line with other pocket .380's, this feels worlds better. I've owned a P3AT, handled a LCP, and own a Mustang.. The P238 is by far a better handling pistol. The SIGLITE sights are amazing, and it uses both the new SIG mags as well original Colt Mustang mags...

I'll post a range report when the weather gets better and when the .380 gremlin drops a few more boxes off at the house of plinking ammo..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Got to handle a P238 at the shop over the weekend. It was the "cadillac" version - two-tone finish with night sights and SIG logoed laminate wood grips. Pretty little gun, felt great in the hand, and I imagine it would be a good shooter as well. Looks like a SIG GSR 1911 shrunk down. Movement of the safety was nice and positive - didn't feel it could accidentally bump off while riding in a pocket holster - but unlike the Mustang, the SIG safety does not intercept the slide.

All in all, if I was a single-action kinda guy, I'd have one of these in a heartbeat. Tending toward the DAOs, though (my current pocket gun is a Colt Pony), I'll hold out for the Kahr P380.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    The recall range was fairly small. Mine is way past the recall serial number range. Mine has the logo wood grips, and the two tone finish.

Top Bottom