• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    My wife is wanting to get this as her EDC and I was just curious about the rainbow slide finish. The Sig website says it's a titanium finish, but how does the coloring hold up to carry. She would most likely carry it in her purse.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    My girlfriend has one. She doesn't carry it other than at the range because she hasn't applied for her LTCH yet, but it seems to be a very nice, durable finish so far. I've carried it a few times in the cheap kydex holster it came with, just because it is so much smaller and more concealable than my XDm, and it still doesn't have a single scratch on it yet. I'm thinking it will hold up just fine once she starts carrying it more. It does collect fingerprints quicker than hell though, but not like that's a big deal. I want to get myself a 938 in the scorpion finish now that I've carried hers a few times. That rainbow's just a little too girly for me. Lol.

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My wife has had hers since October. She just did get her LTCH so she hasn't carried it much yet. We do, however, go to the range quite a bit and the finish has held up very well. No discernible marks that I can see. She keeps it in a Remora holster that I picked up for her. It's a very nice looking gun in person but I am way to OCD to have a gun that shiny. I'd have to carry a micro fiber cloth around with me to keep the finger prints off of it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    It scratches fairly easy. If she carries it in her purse, she will scratch the heck out of it. My wife just keeps hers bedside. I carried it out back with my Nitron, and was about sick when I realized I had scratched it. They are pretty, but if she wants one for her purse, there are about 20 other versions of the P238 I would recommend.

If the holster covers the entire slide, she should be ok though.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    She likes it and has shot my dad's which is the exact same model (minus the rainbow), so I'm inclined to say screw it and if she scratches it then oh well. A good holster should take care of anything inside her purse.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom