• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    Just purchased a new Sig P238 and love it! However, I am in the market for a nice IWB holster for it. I have done a lot of searching and so far like the FIST 1A, as well as kydex holster from PJ Holsters. I am leaning toward leather as I am not sure of the effect that kydex will have on the finish of the gun? Anyways I am looking for something thin, sturdy, less than $100 and that has a turnaround time of 4 weeks or less. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I have a Mini Phalanx from Shielded Holsters that I've been very happy with. I have used them for a couple holsters, one of which is my EDC. Good company. The standard metal clips have a flange at the end. This sometimes caught my shirt when I would sweep it up and out of the way. Their kydex clips resolve this one complaint I have about their standard product. Cheaper than Crossbreed with faster turnaround and similar quality.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I like Crossbreed and have several, but I love N82 Tactical, it is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever owned.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/
    I went to the website and I really like that it will keep the pistol off my skin in the summer wearing only a t-shirt, but it looks like the front sight might catch when pulling from the holster. Have you experienced this problem? I use an Uncle Mike's #36 IWB. It is comfortable, but I actually was working and had my TCP fall out and hit the floor. I have 3 of these holsters and use them for my M85, P238 and my LCP. Sold the TCP. I find that it moves around more than I like. When I stand up, I have to push everything back down. So I'm looking for a better holster too.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I went to the website and I really like that it will keep the pistol off my skin in the summer wearing only a t-shirt, but it looks like the front sight might catch when pulling from the holster. Have you experienced this problem? I use an Uncle Mike's #36 IWB. It is comfortable, but I actually was working and had my TCP fall out and hit the floor. I have 3 of these holsters and use them for my M85, P238 and my LCP. Sold the TCP. I find that it moves around more than I like. When I stand up, I have to push everything back down. So I'm looking for a better holster too.

I know what your saying, I was worried when I saw that as well. I've used N82 holsters on 3 different handguns with zero issues.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I have the Galco small ankle glove (royal pain to get the thing broke in, just so you know), a Crossbreed minituck horsehide and a pocket holster. All very comfy

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    A company called Amish Made Holsters offers a crossbreed clone that has held up great for me. Guys name is Joe Connatser 865-258-2408. I have no affiliation with them. He has many styles available.

michelob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    NE Indiana
    You should try Bear Arms Holsters. They are made locally in NE Indiana and he uses parts from local vendors. I have one for my Kimber and XDs. I had one for my Shield, as well. The design is great, and they are very comfortable. They are very similar to CrossBreeds, but I love that I am helping a local businessman. Here is the site: Bear Arms Holsters Inc. | Rugged (IWB) Hybird Holsters

If he doesn't have your gun on his list, he will order a blue gun to make one for you. It'll just take a little longer as he will have to wait for the blue gun to arrive. I ordered the holster for my Kimber on a Saturday, and he had it ready on Monday.

Top Bottom