• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm looking at getting a P229R for carry but I would really like to test fire one first to see how I like it. I can't find a place that carried them and would let you fire it a few times. Does anyone know of anywhere that will let you put a few rounds through one? Also what are some common problems that arise with these?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    As I'm sure you know, the 229R is the same as the 229, minus the rail. So feel free to shoot either one. As far as problems, I own 2 229's and neither has ever misses a beat. I think you'll find that true from most Sig owners. As far as trying one out, where are you located?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm sure there are plenty of people here willing to let you try theirs. I have a P226 which is exactly the same, just a tad longer. If you ever wanted to meet up you could try it out.

The most common problem with the P229 is the same as the rest of the Sigs... they multiply, make money mysteriously disappear from your bank accounts and can even destroy marriages. I can't think of any other issues.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I thought I had my location in my profile, my fault. I'm located on the westside of Indianapolis. I knew the P229 was the same the P229R, I just prefer the look of the railed version.

As for the multiplication, I won't have that problem. Having school loans and having to save for a good handgun is a bit tricky. I hate saving up but it'll be worth it in the end. I had my eye on the P226 Navy but couldn't justify the price.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    You might also try Beech Grove Firearms. I bought a used unfired Sig P229 in there a couple weeks ago for $719. I actually rented a P226 @ Pop Guns before I bought it just to make sure it would fit right in my hand. It's a great firearm and replaced my M&P as my carry firearm - you can't go wrong with it.

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    I got one of those P229's at Beech Grove too. Went in the day he priced those. I doubt he has any left. Great shooting weapon.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    It's a really good looking gun. I had a replica a few years ago, and my dad commented on how it looks like a gun should look like, and I'm inclined to agree. :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just one caveat. IF you happen to buy a NC weapon light for it from a fellow INGOer, and it fits too tightly, and you don't want to ding up your rail any more than necessary, so you just leave it on there without being locked down, Don't let your buddy Wes shoot it at the range, because it MIGHT just come off, causing laughter and self loathing over what a mall ninja you really are. IF. Just sayin'........

:rolleyes: :shady:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thanks, DeadeyeChrista'sDad. I'll keep that in mind, but unless it becomes my strictly home defense firearm or it happens to come with it, then I probably won't be getting a light.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Top Bottom