• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    if you wanted to stay with the 45 you could always go the p220 route.

The only thing that I will warn you against on the glock is the grip angle. you may not like it since you are used to the 1911.

I'll agree with the grip angle. I've practiced so much with my G17 that it points naturally for me. The SIG not only aims lower due to the grip angle, but I shoot it low even during slow-fire due to the way I'm used to bracing against the Glock. It will definitely take some practice to be able to use both effectively.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    SigSauerP-226SCT2-1.jpg

SigSauerP-226SCT.jpg

SigSauerP-2269MMStainlessElite2.jpg

SigSauerStainlessElite.jpg

I'm currently running 2 Sig Sauer P-226's. The top one is a P-226 SCT, (Super Capacity Tactical), that ships with 4, 20 round magazines and Sig night sights. The bottom one is a Sig P-226 Stainless Elite. The P-226 SCT is more of a workhorse, while the Stainless Elite is more of a Cadillac. The fit and finish on the gun is superb, and the gun exhibits quality everywhere. Both run well without any issues or problems. You would expect that for what they cost. The 20, round mags fit the Stainless Elite as well, which is nice at the range. Bill T.

shooter718

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I bought my first sig a couple weeks ago. It was a 229. I fell in love. I bought a p220 last week and on monday getting a p250. Im sure a 226 will be in my future too :D

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    ok now the big question....where to find a good used one at a decent price?

The used prices are so high on many of these guns your almost better off purchasing new. You should see what Cabela's asks for used AR-15's. It's almost criminal. Most look ratty as hell too boot! Bill T.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    if you are looking for a new one look at buds online. Cheaper than dirt has great prices too but look around you for a sig dealer too. They can often match or beat the prices of the online dealers. Just don't look at big stores like Gander or Cabelas.

If you are looking used look around here in the classified section and also the sig forum.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I agree with everyone who suggests you buy it. It's the best handgun I've ever handled. For me it seems like Sig built it just for my hands. If you plan to carry its great.

I've shot many kind of ammo through mine and have never had a failure to eject or jam. There's a reason why they used the "To He** and back reliability" for their sales slogan.

I like the weight and handle and recommend Sigs and especially the 226 when my friends ask me about mine.

Bk

armymp15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    German engineering at its finest. You will never regret buying one. And if you need to sell it they hold there value very well

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Just don't look at big stores like Gander or Cabelas.

You can get some really good deals at Cabela's, but you have to watch for them. Cabela's will offer $50.00 off certain handgun brands they have in stock like Sig, Glock, or Beretta from time to time. Couple that with the $50.00 off coupon they send out in the mail for purchases over $200.00, and you've got a total of $100.00 off any Sig of your choice. I'm noticing these offers are getting much more frequent as the economy worsens and money for new toys like guns dries up. Bill T.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom