• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Ok, we've all read everyone's p226 range reports, and they've all been excellent, but I'm going to give mine anyways.
    I've had this gun for about a month, today was my first day out at BGF with it.

I mainly went to zero my AK at 25yrds, and to break in my CC Kahr CW380 a little more, but brought along the p226 with 50rds just for the heck of it.
    So just for laughs, I loaded up 15rds in one mag and 5 in the other, for a quick fire and mag change drill....at 25yrds. What happened, I did not expect.

I fired off 5 with about .5 sec's inbetween shots, dropped the mag and quickly loaded the next, then same fire sequence.
    Brought the target in, and the picture below shows.

IMG_20140216_133304_992.jpg

All but two rounds hit :wow:

This is the first time I've ever shot this gun, and I wasn't doing it for accuracy! I just wanted to "feel" it, as I planned to do more constructive target practice with it next week. With every handgun I've ever shot, this is by far the most accurate thing I've ever picked up. At that range, that piece of computer paper at 75ft was hard to see, let alone even make the lines out! 3rds through the bullseye are beyond me. I honestly have no idea how the hell this happened.

I absolutely cannot wait to get some real practice with it next week!

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    That's just a little awesome, right there! Reputations are built on repeatable performance over time. Sig seems to be well aware of this. Congrats on the P226 and please post pics when you get down to the serious accuracy testing!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    That's just a little awesome, right there! Reputations are built on repeatable performance over time. Sig seems to be well aware of this. Congrats on the P226 and please post pics when you get down to the serious accuracy testing!
    Haha will do brother. Gosh, I'm still so giddy about it. Its been a very long time since I got that excited over a range trip.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    so, I'm at BGF today and decide to mess with the joker next to me trying a pistol with the target 25 yards away.....

BTW...I have the MK25 version. It is amazing how accurate that thing is!!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    so, I'm at BGF today and decide to mess with the joker next to me trying a pistol with the target 25 yards away.....

BTW...I have the MK25 version. It is amazing how accurate that thing is!!

Hah! Speaking with messing with people, I sometimes feel bad when I bring the ol m44 and make the old chipped paint fall off the roof and scare ppl. There's always a line of people behind watching it, like they've never seen some before lol!

Dmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Otisco
    This is really encouraging. I am looking to purchase my first sig and i was already sold to go with the p226. This is just an added bonus to go ahead and buy. Thanks for sharing.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    This is really encouraging. I am looking to purchase my first sig and i was already sold to go with the p226. This is just an added bonus to go ahead and buy. Thanks for sharing.

Most def!
    If you can fork out the extra $, the mk25 is the ultimate SIG to have.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Don't forget to add an SRT trigger if you don't have one already! You won't be disappointed.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Wow - fantastic shooting, Spalding - can't get much more dead center than that! While it's not a 226, I just picked up a 2022 that I can't wait to stretch out at the range. Excellent!!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Wow - fantastic shooting, Spalding - can't get much more dead center than that! While it's not a 226, I just picked up a 2022 that I can't wait to stretch out at the range. Excellent!!

My friend, I just sold a sp2022 to help fund and justify buying this... actually I sold it after I bought this, to help recoup the checking account lol, but don't tell my fiance that :cool:
    The sp2022 was damn near as accurate as this, not quite as accurate, but besides this p226, the 2022 was a very close second next to a eaa witness match I owned. Wish I was able to keep it.

Top Bottom