• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I would have to go with the glock 19 due to being better for carry,better finish and cheaper and more accessories available. I like the Sig 226 better as a home defense assuming it had a rail.

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Ya its a tough choice, Do you think i would be able to get the sig from a site supporter cheaper than anywhere else? I wanna get some prices on the sig as i know the G19 will be around $500

SD45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    No matter what I try....I always go back to my .40 SW 226. Yes...it is bigger...but it is like anything...I got use to it....and now everything else feels foreign. Plus I have put thousands of rounds through it and it has never failed me.

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Im looking to buy new and if not nib i want lnib with very very few rounds through it. Is $700-800 a normal price new or is it more than that for the 226

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I prefer sig 226 just because of the pointability of it .It sits feels better in my hand also carry mine in a IWB holster & is comfortable ,very well balanced as well.Nothing wrong with glocks but given the choice the sig 226 tips the scale for me.I bought mine in noblesville from a collector for 499.95 CPO 2 tone model off of gunbroker

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Even if I were going to carry it OWB, every day, I'd go with the G19 solely based on the weight.

I've not ever shot a Sig 226, however. But I have shot 2 different 229s...in .357 and another in .40. I can only imagine how much of a honey a 226 would be in 9mm.

I'd just not like all that weight on my hip.

-J-

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    I'm going to kinda echo what's already been said here. I think for the money, a G19 is the one to buy. It's durable, no frills, relatively cheap, and can be depended to on do its job. It's kinda like a plain black hammer. Nothing fancy about it.
    Handguns are essentially tools, after all. They'll both do the job, but the Glock does it cheaper, and might be more reliable.
    Just my $0.02

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm 5'6" 140lbs. I carry a 226 almost every day. weight is a factor but a good holster and belt help alot.
    I've never owned a glock but have shot one, the sig fits the hand better,has a better trigger, and just seems to point better.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I wouldn't necessarily shy away from a used Sig. They really only get better as you shoot 'em. I bought mine used for $515 and it has always been a great shooter. Also, a 229 is more compact and I'd have to agree, more comparable to a G19.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    for me it is no question, the G19!!! Great gun. I love Glocks and the 19 is one of the best. Sigs are great guns, but I will never own one. They just dont feel right in my hand. Good luck with your decision.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'll say it again because I only think it's only been mentioned once in this thread:

Comparing a P226 to a G17 makes sense.
    Comparing a P229 to a G19 makes sense.
    Comparing a P226 to a G19 makes no sense (since the physical sizes/weights are so different).

That out of the way, they're both fine guns. Either will serve your purpose well. Get what you like/want/fits you best and don't worry about it.

An important question to ask yourself is whether you're the kind of person who's more willing to beat a $700-ish SIG up with hard use or a $490-ish Glock. It can be a factor.

Some folks have a personality such that if they spend that much on a gun they're afraid to use it as the tool that it is.

Folks like this often find that SIGs end up staying in the safe (they're just so nice :)) while the Glocks get used as the beaters and daily carry guns. I've seen it on more than 1 occasion.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Some folks have a personality such that if they spend that much on a gun they're afraid to use it as the tool that it is.

Folks like this often find that SIGs end up staying in the safe (they're just so nice :)) while the Glocks get used as the beaters and daily carry guns. I've seen it on more than 1 occasion.

man, that's about the best advice one can give. :+1:

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I wouldn't necessarily shy away from a used Sig. They really only get better as you shoot 'em. I bought mine used for $515 and it has always been a great shooter. Also, a 229 is more compact and I'd have to agree, more comparable to a G19.

+1
    I bought a beat to hell, faded finish, dead night sights P226 that was old enough it was stamped "MADE IN W GERMANY." I had never owned a Sig before and I kinda figured I would have problems with it as beat as it was, but i was dead wrong. Still accurate and its function was as smooth as glass.

I now have 5 Sig Sauers and the P229 is with me on a daily basis.

Top Bottom