• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    If you had the chance to own one of these for your main carry gun, home defense, range gun which would it be? I know the Sig is more money but put money aside on this one. Interested into hearing what you guys think as i am going to start saving for one of them. Ive always loved the 226 and 19 so please help me decide. I know its more personal preference and how much i want to spend but i just want to here some opinions. Thanks

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Boy, those are two totally different guns.

The G19 is much easier to carry for me, especially CC. The 226 is a large gun.

I like the looks and feel of my 226 more than my G19, but it's more of a BBQ gun for me.

For the money, the G19 is perhaps one of the finest, if not the finest, carry guns you can buy.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I would think for carry you couldn't go wrong with the G19, seems to me it would CC the easiest.

As for overall which gun would I prefer it would have to be the Sig. P226.

I can guess I helped not one bit, as it seems I'm just as confused to which one I would buy :D

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Since there's already been a pro Glock post, I'll throw one up for the Sig. They are just great guns that point and shoot well, plus they feel great in the hand as mentioned above. They are bigger and more difficult to conceal but there are some good concealment options out there that mitigate this problem. Personally, I think it'd be worth sacrificing a little in the concealment category to have the benefits of a handgun that is such a pleasure to shoot reliably and accurately.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm a small guy and don't have much trouble concealing the P226 in a pancake style holster that keeps it up high and close to my body. It won't work for wearing a t-shirt, but if I'm wearing a button up cotton shirt untucked it works fine. Obviously the G19 would probably conceal better.

I definitely prefer the 226 over the Glock. I'm just not much of a Glock fan. I tried to like them, but they don't feel right in my hand and the sharp knurling on them makes my hands sore.

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I have both,I like the 19 better as far as an all around gun,mostly for the size.
    But the 226 has a better trigger and is more accurate.The best of both worlds is my Sig 228,Same size as the 19 but the trigger and accuracy of the 226.
    They are just harder to find
    Chip

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I should clarify that I really like SIGS. Like a lot.

Especially this one from my collection:

2226side2.jpg

caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Thanks Guys, I carry OWB anyway with just my shirt over it so printing isnt a big deal, kinda a OC and CC mix. I know there both great guns i just keep going back and fourth on which one. Is the Sig more reliable than a glock? What are the Pros and Cons of each? :xmad::xmad::xmad: i feel like im adopting a kid to add to the family just cant choose one

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Boy, those are two totally different guns.

The G19 is much easier to carry for me, especially CC. The 226 is a large gun.

I like the looks and feel of my 226 more than my G19, but it's more of a BBQ gun for me.

For the money, the G19 is perhaps one of the finest, if not the finest, carry guns you can buy.

I have to back up Bigum on this one, so what he said!!:D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sig 226:

Pros:
    Very accurate
    Excellent ergos
    Good trigger
    All metal (A plus for me)
    Resale

Cons:
    Heavy
    Size
    Price

Glock 19

Pros:
    Glock reliability
    Compact
    Price

Cons:
    Plastic
    Bad trigger
    2x4 Ergos
    Resale

Really though, you should be comparing the 229 and the 19. The 226 and 17 are more alike in size.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom