• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    and other gun people floating around. I have mentioned before of having the itch to buy something and was considering buying an SP 2022 in .40 because I was so fond of the 9mm version. I have an equal fondness for both cartridges. So I was thinking about buying it from Buds... but while browsing around CTD, I ran across a full size P250 in .40 for actually a little cheaper than Buds. I have a 226, a 229, and the 2022. I think I might buy it just to add another to the Sig collection. What say ye?!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    250's are double action only. Some say it's a smooth pull.

It might be like a smooth revolver, but I still like da/sa in those style of handguns.

It's completely your preference.

I like the value of the sp2022, too. It is my first Sig, but it won't be my last. I'm thinking I'll look for a nice P220 sometime soon.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    I agree, pull the trigger, so to speak. :ar15:

sig's hold their value well so your potential loss is minimized. Plus you're a big fan.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I say don't do it. The P250's quality is nothing like that of the 22X series, or even the 2022. I also don't see a reason for a DAO. If you want another plastic pistol, there are better ones out there for a little more. You already have the Porsche 911 and Cayman, why get the Boxter?

ravenwoodranch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Martinsville
    with any sig you cant go wrong, people have good opinions on guns and bad, usually its just up to the individual person, i collect glocks and sigs, but love sigs the most

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Well you can never have too many guns, especially the new interchangeable caliber sig 250 it is a great gun and can easily turn into 3 calibers with the quick x change kits

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    im not sure if they are still doing it but, sig had this deal where you bought the 250. and they sold you everything to make a 250 compact in the same order. you just put your tigger group into the other frame. for a pretty decent price. i kinda have a weak spot for the 250 because of its absolute ease to break down. when the zombies invade, the 250 guys/girls wont be complaining.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    and other gun people floating around. I have mentioned before of having the itch to buy something and was considering buying an SP 2022 in .40 because I was so fond of the 9mm version. I have an equal fondness for both cartridges. So I was thinking about buying it from Buds... but while browsing around CTD, I ran across a full size P250 in .40 for actually a little cheaper than Buds. I have a 226, a 229, and the 2022. I think I might buy it just to add another to the Sig collection. What say ye?!
    I say GO FOR IT IN FULL SIZE! I don't like the compacts for some reason.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    250's are double action only. Some say it's a smooth pull.

It might be like a smooth revolver, but I still like da/sa in those style of handguns.

It's completely your preference.

I like the value of the sp2022, too. It is my first Sig, but it won't be my last. I'm thinking I'll look for a nice P220 sometime soon.

:twocents: Have the P 220, just outstanding ,for years never any problems. :patriot:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Go for it! My first gun was the P250 SC since then I bought a compact frame and put my SC slide and trigger in it. had to cut the dust cover back a little but love having more capacity and shorter barrel

gibby101

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Liberty
    I have had mine for a while now and the trigger gets a hell of a lot smoother once you have out several rounds through it. i absolutely love my p250 but another thing that makes a big difference on the trigger is when you first get it to completely disassemble it trigger and all and get all the factory grease off of it. But i would def pick one up if i was you i would get the 40sw and 357 sig combo you can pick that up for right around 510 before taxes great price for three mags and the 357 exchange kit. the mags for the p250 with run you around 50 bucks a pop. so the combo is a great deal.:rockwoot: But any SIG ='s Great quality and reliable and are great weapon systems every model i have ever shot i loved

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    im not sure if they are still doing it but, sig had this deal where you bought the 250. and they sold you everything to make a 250 compact in the same order. you just put your tigger group into the other frame. for a pretty decent price. i kinda have a weak spot for the 250 because of its absolute ease to break down. when the zombies invade, the 250 guys/girls wont be complaining.

Yup it's called the 2sum, seen it here at a LGS for about $450 awhile back.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Well I see I'm in the minority here but ...

I've owned a P250 and really tried to like it.

But couldn't.

Sig2509mm003.jpg

It may just be me, but I could never get the accuracy with it that I get on my other Sig's.

Not even close.

So I traded it off.

Only Sig I've evr gotten rid of.

As to price ... the P250's price has been plunging for about a year now.

It has not been well received by Sig lovers

:cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom