• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Hi, new to the forum. Looking for a good quality semi auto on a lower end budget. I'm used to shooting revolvers, so a new game to me. Looking at a couple different options- EEA witness $298 new, sig 2022 $400 new, or glock 22 $425 used. Not as much interested in the glock although I shot a 17 today and was not bad, no experience with the others. Witness price seems nice but the sig to me might just be worth the extra bucks. Thanks for your feedback.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Oooh, tough call. The Witness is a great CZ clone, and the 2022 is a poor man's 226.

The 2022 has a de-cocker, but no safety. The Witness has a safety, but no de-cocker. Hold em both, and shoot em both if you can. That's the only way to know for sure.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hmmmm. Put them in your hand and buy the one that "speaks" to you!!
    We can tell you SIG this and Glock that, but what we think is ...well, what we think!!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No wrong decisions, there. As stated, handle them all and shoot them if you can. I prefer Sig, but I also prefer the all metal versions. Glock is reliable and simple to maintain, and is definitely combat accurate. I just don't like the grip angle and trigger feel that much. Its personal though, and you may like it just fine.

sparky87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Probably what I will have to wait and do, just hard to find anything in stock with this scare on gun control. The local gun shop had 3 weapons in stock. A couple cases were empty at Cabela's. I've read on slides cracking on the witnees, but an old design problem from what I understand. Also the poor customer service. Any issues with the sig2022?

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    I carry a SIG 2022 .40 every day. It is a bit snappy on recoil but it's a .40 i can deal with it i also practice with 180 gr projectiles being pushed with 4.7 gr of tightgroup. but nothing is better that holding a handgun and knowing if you like the feel or hate it.

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    No one here can tell you which one will be right for you. All three will be able to out shoot you and will last. So now its preference.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    There are several versions of the Witness, poly and steel frame. The steel frame guns are heavy,but very pleasant to shoot. I have owned a Sig 2022 and a steel frame Witness in the past and both were certainly reliable.
    As stated above you would do well to handle both and to dry fire if possible.
    The Witness I owned had a superb trigger, crisp and fairly light with not a long pull, my 2022 trigger wasn't as good but was fine otherwise.

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    totally agree with jarhead77 I have a sig 2022 in 9mm and a glock 22 and love them both, Buy what feel best in your hand and that you can confidently use.Would recommend either

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am curious as to why you want to start with a .40? 9mm is cheaper to shoot, usually handles recoil better for easier follow on shots. Modern self defense ammunition makes the 9mm a very capable round for self defense and you would have more rounds in most guns. I am not trying to start a caliber war. I am just curious that you want to save a few bucks on the gun but are comfortable spending more for the ammo?

Also, there are other CZ clones that are even less expensive and are getting great reviews. The only problem is that you would probably have to buy one without being able to hold it as they are usually only available online.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    My $0.02 :twocents:

I got a Sig 2022 recently (9mm) and my daughter got an EAA Witness P (polymer 9mm) at turkey time. After firing both, I can say that they are equally accurate, both functioned well on a variety of ammo, and the perceived recoil was about equal.

The decocker and exposed hammer allow the Sig to travel hammer down and restrike if needed. (Unlikely, but possible)

The safety on the EAA allows cocked and locked, which is more familiar if you have 1911 experience (guilty).

Both are fine pistols, I don't think you could go wrong either way!

Enjoy!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're on a budget for the gun - I'd suggest looking for a 9mm over a .40S&W. 9mm is considerably less expensive to stock up on and shoot. And with modern self-defense ammunition, you're not "giving up" anything over the .40S&W.

-J-

willie53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    I just sold a OD 2022, 9m. just too big for my likes. I like the SA - XD's. and for the money Rock Island 1911, are a great shooter

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    i owned a sig sp2022 and it was an excellent gun. wish i still had it. glocks are ok guns...i just dont like them personally....and i cant comment on the eaa..never shot one.

Top Bottom