IMAG0005.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Oh snap....did you have the wheels PC'd/painted or order the FR repro's? I think a TBSS could easily get away when the SHTF, avoiding any splatter of S on the truck......Also, lose the cubs plate and represent the southside :D

2011-08-09_19-59-53_334.jpg

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    http://www.camotruck.net/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=2453[/IMG]

Here is my 1981 GMC crewcab, just put in a fresh 454 that we built. I have 5 children so this was the next best thing to a school bus. It's not much for getting around in thick woods because it's so freaking long. But it will move. I also have a 1986 GMC pickup with a 3 inch lift that is my camo beater.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    http://www.camotruck.net/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=2453[/IMG]

Here is my 1981 GMC crewcab, just put in a fresh 454 that we built. I have 5 children so this was the next best thing to a school bus. It's not much for getting around in thick woods because it's so freaking long. But it will move. I also have a 1986 GMC pickup with a 3 inch lift that is my camo beater.

That truck is sexy, gotta love that good ole 454. How many MPGs do you average driving a tank like that around?
    And what would a paint job like that normally run you, it looks great.

SWATDUDE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    EAST CENTRAL INDIANA
    That truck is sexy, gotta love that good ole 454. How many MPGs do you average driving a tank like that around?
    And what would a paint job like that normally run you, it looks great.

Thanks, at least the truck is sexy :D as far as MPG I have no clue. I don't drive it a whole lot just for that reason. It does get better mileage with the big block than it did with my small block. Small block had to work alot harder to move the big ole truck. Thanks for the compliment on the paint job, it took me forever. I would work on it alittle before I would go to work everyday until it was all finished then I went back and scuffed the whole truck and cleared it. I would probably charge like $1500 to do another paint job like that. But I do paint trucks camo for like $200 just for a flat base. No clear coat. But they are not nearly as detailed as this truck is. I airbrushed most of the work on it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My daily driver is my SHTF run-about: 2003 Jeep TJ. If the roads are REALLY bad, and I still need to make French Toast (you know, a milk-eggs, and bread run to Wal-Mart), I can use the old CJ.

Here they are parked in the driveway:
    picture.php

When its time to leave, I'll load the family and some stuff in the GMC. Its 4wd as well:
    picture.php

Sure, none of these are really set up for the Zombie Apocalypse. When/if that finally happens, I'll have to settle for these:
    hiking_boots.jpg

I've really been wanting to do a 4BT (or maybe a small Isuzu diesel) swap into a 4-door Jeep JK, but simply don't have the time or money. Maybe one day....

Top Bottom