• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm curious as to what everyone else drives or would drive when the S hits the F. I'm looking in to getting a new car soon, so I'm trying to get a few ideas. I expect to see a lot of jeeps and 4x4 pickups.

So...
    What is your daily driver, and is your daily driver your SHTF vehicle?
    Or do you have a different vehicle specifically for SHTF situations?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Something that runs good and gets good mileage. Diesel would be best as they can run on many different types of oil, kerosene, etc. Nothing that would stand out.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I know this has probably been done before, but I'm curious as to what everyone else drives or would drive when the S hits the F. I'm looking in to getting a new car soon, so I'm trying to get a few ideas. I expect to see a lot of jeeps and 4x4 pickups.

So...
    What is your daily driver, and is your daily driver your SHTF vehicle?
    Or do you have a different vehicle specifically for SHTF situations?

Thanks guys

If your post starts with,"I know this been done before...", stop. What you are really saying is,"I to lazy to find posts already covering this subject, and want someone else to either find it for me or re-post here."

Yes, it has been covered here before, a couple of times. In fact, it's one of the most covered topics in this section.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If your post starts with,"I know this been done before...", stop. What you are really saying is,"I to lazy to find posts already covering this subject, and want someone else to either find it for me or re-post here."

Yes, it has been covered here before, a couple of times. In fact, it's one of the most covered topics in this section.

I to lazy to use proper grammar? :):

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My wife has the jeep 4x4, it's a great shtf vehicle, still waiting on a lift kit and tires. I drive a trailblazer ss, I can get away from the shtf fast but only on paved roads....

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    95 jeep wrangler rolling on 36's,2001 ram 1500 rolling on 37's, 2011 nitro. Wife won't let me lift the nitro. Hopefully by spring I will have enough saved up for a duece and a half.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    When people get 4x4 stuck off road they call me to pull them out. Not much stops this and it seats 7 people. Formerly used by NATO forces in the mountains patrolling the border with the USSR during the cold war.

7.jpg

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    When people get 4x4 stuck off road they call me to pull them out. Not much stops this and it seats 7 people. Formerly used by NATO forces in the mountains patrolling the border with the USSR during the cold war.

7.jpg

I sooooo want one of those.

My Daily Right now is my SHTF vehicle. 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Trying to find a cheapo car that gets better fuel mileage a a daily driver so I can park my Jeep and start working on it(Bumper, Tires, snorkel, some other things)

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

When you stop creating threads asking where to buy a Hi-Point handgun, you can start criticizing other people not searching a topic before starting a new thread.

Booshie, I have my eye on the diesel too. Personally once I make my more to the country I'll probably get an M35 to have something for heavy hauling. If I were to be somewhere suburban though I'd probably look for a diesel HJ75. It'll probably be a right hand drive though to get it in a diesel.....

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    What about flat tires?

Would you fill yours with that no-flat gumbo, and eliminate flats? Will it also eliminate stop-stick flats and bullet-hole flats?? Is there any better way? EBG
    My wife has the jeep 4x4, it's a great shtf vehicle, still waiting on a lift kit and tires. I drive a trailblazer ss, I can get away from the shtf fast but only on paved roads....

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When you stop creating threads asking where to buy a Hi-Point handgun, you can start criticizing other people not searching a topic before starting a new thread.

How long ago was it when I asked that? Yeah, thought so. Besides, knowledge on where to buy a quality handgun versus an over marketed piece of crap should always be near the top of any forum. Maybe where to buy Hi-points should be a sticky. Hmmmmmm...

:cheers:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    86 bronco II. It's my plow truck, (1/4 mile back from the hiway) and I haven't been able to kill it yet. Just to add to the hillbilly cool factor it's homemade green forest camo. See, I TOLD you I was INGO's official tacticool mall ninja.

Top Bottom