• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    City life will quickly get very hard for me to survive. In my current preparation I could'nt stay long.

Where you are, unless you have a "secret underground bunker" prepped for years of concealment, you wouldn't be able to stay long no matter how much food/water you had; other people will be looting through the area when food gets scarce and not even a fortified bunker will keep waves of hungry attackers from a single family.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Where you are, unless you have a "secret underground bunker" prepped for years of concealment, you wouldn't be able to stay long no matter how much food/water you had; other people will be looting through the area when food gets scarce and not even a fortified bunker will keep waves of hungry attackers from a single family.

I couldn't agree more. If the SHTF I hope to be gone before the wave of crime starts three miles south of me.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have a 1948 Farmall Cub. I have implements to do most anything as far as farming is concerned. It is hard to get it stuck since it has a 20" ground clearance and bar tires. It also has a 2" ball that can pull my 6x12 tandem axle trailer loaded with food, supplies and my family. It won't be a get away vehicle since the top speed is 6mph, but drives pretty well on the road and 6mph will get you where you need to go.

This is if my truck won't start after an EMP.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A SHTF vehicle can be as important in getting you home as it could in bugging out. It does not make sense to build the ability to survive if you don't take steps to make sure you can get back to it if you're more than 10 or 15 miles away. A SHTF vehicle may be useful in getting your kids back home or collecting another family member. It's not just a matter of bugging out, but can be useful in getting back to your bug in location.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I like these. MILSPEC Jeep J8 with the diesel (you can also go hemi)

American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) - The AEV J8 MILSPEC, the toughest jeep available to civilians ever

You can practically drive it underwater.

comes in either green or tan
    images

2 door, 4door, or truck. Leaf springs in the rear and coils upfront.

Optional side armor and gun mounts

Jeep_J8_LPV_light_patrol_vehicle_long_chassis_United_States_640.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd buy one of those J8 if I coould!

Read the story behind the J8 when getting tires awhile back. Can't beleive Chrysler did not want to market them. As I remeber these are nearly hand built using a mix of off the shelf amd custom parts. And are being marketed to countries that can't afford hummers and don't want them because the J8 is better suited for their needs. Lots of south and central american customers!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Has anyone ever owned a M1009 CUCV "Blazer"? I really like the diesel aspect,more space than my Wrangler, rear locker and TH400 transmission. Not sure about the reliability/performance of the 6.2.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I have my 04 Jeep grand cherokee with a 2" lift, bull guard with KC lights, and 32" Firestone Destination MT tires. It is my everyday car and have never had a problem with it getting stuck anywhere offroading. With the back seats folded down, it has tons of room and since it is just my fiance and I, it is a good vehicle to use to get out if need be. Our house is out there and the big snowstorm we had this last winter didn't even phase this jeep even going through the 3-4 ft drifts in 4x4.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Ranger

Yeah the ranger will come in handy if I have to go to the woods. Horses would be a good vehicle but I'm no horse whisperer!

I have a Ranger too (as well as a 58 Willy's truck). I have been wondering if anyone has researched what parts we would need for replacements in the event of EMP for the Ranger. I have been thinking about getting some of the parts for the generator, tractor, chainsaw, rototiller and others and store the spare parts in an old microwave. Thoughts?

Top Bottom