• Poll closed .

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I like a little comfort when the SHTF.

Mounts on top of roofrack carry twin 12' kayaks - Also carries all of our camping gear, the wife and I, and our 3 dogs with plenty of room to spare.
    0817081532b.jpg

kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am a mechanic and cherokees see their fair share of problems , crank sensors on the 4.0's , cooling system issues , dropping 5 th gear in the manual trans , 231 t cases crackin apart ,

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    You can see my old SHTF vehicle in my pic. I just sold it, and I'm sad to say I no longer have a 4X4. Not much could stop that Bronco...aside from accidentally passing the gas station.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    If it was a nation / world wide SHTF, not just a minor 1, :

If you have a running vehicle, it will make you a huge target, as most folks will revert to a "survive at all costs " mode and will kill you to get your running truck.

Your best bet would be to get to where you need to go in the first 12 HRS, and then hunker down.

Kw55018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Clay City
    I run a 91 dodge w250 4x4 3/4 ton with a flat bed and a cummins all mechanical the only thing the cpu does is controls the grid heater and abs. Will run on many diff, fuels like diesel, kerosene, sunflower oil, atf, amongst other things with the wieght rating and 4x4 capebility to bug-out or get to a place to bug-in and i drive it every day getting 18-22 mpg.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    The best SHTF vehicle is the one that is paid off. During a long, extended SHTF situation, you won't be doing a lot of driving. Having a paid off SHTF vehicle now will allow you to use your money for more preps; food, guns, ammo, medical supplies.

Top Bottom