• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well if ya'll are going to just leave the Barrett sitting here, I guess I'll take that with appropriate glass, and ammo, and grab a 12 guage too...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Backpack would be filled with 2 wilson 1911 pistols, and at least 2000 rounds of .45acp. 1000 rounds of .40sw and 1000 9mm. guns would be loaded with extra clips also loaded.

On my right hip, I'd carry some type of .40s&w gun with tac. light, behind back would be dual 9mm sub compacts, left leg would have a glock .40 and left hip would carry multiple magazines for the waist guns.

slung around my back would be a m4 with scope and tac light. with a few loaded clips in the back pack.

and carried in my hands would be a Remington 870 12ga. with all the fixings. tactical stock/light and ammo holders.

and id get two ankle holsters with probably an LCP or LCR.

2 good combat knifes concealed somewhere.

and some mace.

overkill?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Only if you plan on moving more than 20 feet. :):

wouldnt need to. i could just stake my claim at a grocery store entrance and spray n pray if needed, create a few alliances with people and create a fortress out of a large grocery store. The food inside should hold over a few adults for at least a year I'd think, if food was rationed.

After that if reprieve hasnt been accomplished from the fallout, we could use our wealth of accumulated supplies to barter and trade for goods we needed and hunt our own food.

:): or sell it all on ebay move to france, should be any hostility there! :laugh:

realistically though i'd probably just hijack someones 4x4 excursion diesel. plenty of shelter and room for weapons/other essentials. and i could make it a battering ram with some excessive metal plating and a welding machine!

damdayshifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    georgetown
    Guns and Ammo get heavy......go smaller..

I would look to pick up a 22 mag iron sighted lever action or bolt action with hopefully three hundred rounds of mixed ammo. Plus a break down cleaning kit to match.
    :dunno:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    You are hundreds of miles from home when the SHTF...you have no car..you head for the hills on foot. You come to the outskirts of town where there is a gun shop. The shop has been looted and the owners have left, but there are still many guns still there and lots of ammo.
    You have only a backpack to carry stuff out.
    The question is: What caliber of guns do you take? Keeping in mind that you have to take ammo too.
    I would take a .22 rifle and a pistol with about 2,000 rounds of ammo. Also a 9mm pistol with about 400 rounds of ammo.

I think I'd get the same,light enough for me to carry. Add a small and large knife, and a flashlight.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    wouldnt need to. i could just stake my claim at a grocery store entrance and spray n pray if needed, create a few alliances with people and create a fortress out of a large grocery store. The food inside should hold over a few adults for at least a year I'd think, if food was rationed.

After that if reprieve hasnt been accomplished from the fallout, we could use our wealth of accumulated supplies to barter and trade for goods we needed and hunt our own food.

:): or sell it all on ebay move to france, should be any hostility there! :laugh:

realistically though i'd probably just hijack someones 4x4 excursion diesel. plenty of shelter and room for weapons/other essentials. and i could make it a battering ram with some excessive metal plating and a welding machine!

I think I saw this on an episode of the A-Team! :):

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    guns

I beleive I'd go with 9MM .223 this is what the military and police use and would be easist found after shtf , .22 not good combat weapon [range limited] maybe 12 ga. pump [as far as ammo weight its how you distribute it] some one said no pistol? well if you can pick and choose your senario that fine . put me down for lost in former missle silo with the hawiian tropic bikini team and a lifetime supply of everything, in the real world thing happen you havent planned for so a pistol tucked away might be needed if you come around a tree and surprise someone kicks your heavy 308 out off your hands
    Some of you forget that a 12ga is good for hunting also just dont use 00, and learn to shoot prepare and eat wild birds , they'll be the most plentyfull game

Last edited:

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Hangun is in the get home bag in the car with me....

I think if I had a 100 mile hike ahead of me, I'd grab a 10/22, as many mags as are left for it, and all the 22lr I can get my hands on....hoping that my home is still there when I get back to the rest of the stash.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Story (Brown Co)
    either a .223 or .308 AR and a shotgun, screw a pistol I don't want to be within pistol range of anything in that type of scenario. I want to be a ghost and not be seen and if I have to use a gun I want to be from as far away as possible, time and space are your friend ESPECIALLY in shtf.

:+1:I agree! Be a ghost and not be seen but have the capability with a rifle to reach out and tap someone!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    First i would look at mag availability as that would be a primary determining factor... loose ammo doesnt do me a whole lot of good.... if they have everything, i would take a ruger 10/22 and as many factory mags as they had and around 1500 rounds of ammo.... then i would look for a shotty and at least 2-300 shells, preferably buckshot as that will take both dear and small game if needed.... i can use the ruger for distance protection or just making a bunch of noise to get out of dodge, and i can carry 10 times more ammo for it... if i have to hole up somewhere defensivly, ammo quanity not size could very well be the determining factor of survival.... lets not forget suppresive fire to get out of the kill zone... if you only have a few hundred .223 rounds you will burn up 1/3 of that just trying to get to safety.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Take over and occupy the store itself, selling/trading the remaining stock at hyper inflated values as your needs arise. Then drive off into the sunset in the big diesel dually you traded an AK and case of ammo for.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Just curious, but would anyone here leave money to account for what they take? I'm not sure what I would do...

I would take a converted saiga in 5.56 and some galil mags, and probably a 9mm of sorts...likely a glock 19 or kel-tec P11, since that is what I am familiar with.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom