• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obviously a lot of speculation in this question, but it's something I think of often.

So America goes along with the UN, and it progresses to a point of blue-helmets coming to our doors and ridding us of our firearms.

So I'm standing on my front porch with two unfortunate blue-helmets at my feet. Surely the cops are on the way. What happens? Am I arrested and put to jail for life?

At this point I would imagine things have degraded far enough that I am now on my own and protecting myself against tyranny. Now, I don't exactly have a mailing list or newsletter telling me where to meet other like-minded people.

Where does the organization come in? How do we tell the good from the bad, and group up to overthrow a tyrannical government?

... Or do you suspect that too many people will just roll over and take it... and the ones that stand out and protect themselves will just be thrown away as nutjobs and domestic terrorists?

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If it gets to that point. We are already engaged in a civil war. I would advise you to run to the sound of the guns and join the battle.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    While I am not overly concerned with the scenario you gave I would definitely not be there to find out what happens in that situation. IF the line is crosses as in your scenario then it is time to make use of the BOB that you should already have and hit the road fast. You have to figure that if the blue helmet brigade is ever in our neighborhoods then local law is non existent or probably just a symbol of law rather then the actual authority.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Never gonna happen. You'll be hunted down by heat seeking drones from 5 miles away. There won't be any blue helmets targets knocking on your door.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    You let them enter forcefully, and deal with it like any other armed forced entry and use Stand your ground! International law does not trump our constitution.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You let them enter forcefully, and deal with it like any other armed forced entry and use Stand your ground! International law does not trump our constitution.

That's what I'm afraid of. Law would be meaningless at that point. We have already seen that some laws are being tossed aside with some of the current admins actions.

I know that unconstitutional mandates cannot be enforced... and yet, I'll likely be jailed in 2014 when I refuse to get government health care. No one is fighting it anymore.

They couldn't care less about my/our rights, so I guess I just don't know what to do or where to go when they stop trying to hide that fact, and just come after the people that oppose them.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Well, if it is 1939 and you are a Jew living in Munich, you hand over Papa's shotgun and go willingly with nice men. Better not to be disobediant and create a civil disturbance. I think that I would rather take the path of the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto. Life would be short but not at the expense of living on your knees.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NOT.

GONNA.

HAPPEN.

The things the admin has gotten away with in the past 4 years speak otherwise. It's easy to say it won't happen, and of course, not exactly in that way... but their actions lead this direction. Their fraud and lying without reprocussion makes me think they could get away with this easily.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If I were going to look at this scenario it would not be coming to "get my guns." My look on it would be on how willing am I to let most likely foreign soldiers under the blue helmet treaty come to my home and not only take firearms but possibly redistribute supplies/food I have to others. It is one thing to give things on your own but different when it is given by force. Also, what are the odds they stop at material items and do not take liberty with wives, daughters, and other important people in your life and has no law to answer to except for themselves. Sorry for the graphic speculation there but the blue helmet brigade is kind of a touchy subject with me:xmad:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Blue helmets are pretty far down the list of concerns for me personally.

Personal SHTF is first (house fire, economic loss, violent attack, disease etc)
    Natural disaster-linked to above
    Economic collapse (pick your flavor)
    Economic collapse with societal breakdown, violence and rioting
    Economic collapse with societal breakdown, violence and federal intervention (Tito)
    Terrorist attack
    Terrorist attack with widespread effects like an EMP, and ensuing panic
    Pandemic with ensuing panic and social panic

Some of these I give near equal weight, like a pandemic and total economic collapse with meltdown and heavy handed federal intervention to regain control. This is one step from civil war.

The preparation for any and all of these is pretty much the same however.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Blue helmets are pretty far down the list of concerns for me personally.

Personal SHTF is first (house fire, economic loss, violent attack, disease etc)
    Natural disaster-linked to above
    Economic collapse (pick your flavor)
    Economic collapse with societal breakdown, violence and rioting
    Economic collapse with societal breakdown, violence and federal intervention (Tito)
    Terrorist attack
    Terrorist attack with widespread effects like an EMP, and ensuing panic
    Pandemic with ensuing panic and social panic

Some of these I give near equal weight, like a pandemic and total economic collapse with meltdown and heavy handed federal intervention to regain control. This is one step from civil war.

The preparation for any and all of these is pretty much the same however.

With the exception of the Personal SHTF, depending on who is in office in Washington, all these could be used as a cause to bring in the Blue Helmets.

:twocents::ar15:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In my family it has been our experience if you give up your weapons they toss you off church steeples....

Or those who chose to E&E were hunted down like dogs. Those who survived that by running for days, hiding in wells and barns, got out to America, got guns in America and went back.

Those who stayed after that and didn't come back to America, well a lot ended up dead when WWII came along, some tossed in concentration camps, a few even survived that ordeal to, in the end.........to come to America.

There was also some of this:

"no, i havnt heard that one...Yiayia told me when they were at the train station a Turkish Rebel on horse back was just mowing people down with his sword, she was knocked down to the ground by a passerby, saved her life."

When it comes to my front door, I don't care what color helmets they wear, what language they speak, what God they worship, or what mandate they profess to uphold. I personally am not repeating any of the crap above in my life time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    If it gets to that point. We are already engaged in a civil war. I would advise you to run to the sound of the guns and join the battle.

^^^
    When the time comes, those courageous will respond as they always have. Rest assured if it comes to it Patriots will rally to the cause! Keep ever vigilant!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well, not at this time but "O-bummer" has 4 more years to figure a way around it. He has the un-washed and lazy 51% behind him now. Amazing what a free phone will buy these days.

I agree with Zoub. Best not to come with that intention.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Well, not at this time but "O-bummer" has 4 more years to figure a way around it. He has the un-washed and lazy 51% behind him now. Amazing what a free phone will buy these days.

I agree with Zoub. Best not to come with that intention.

Crap.....I didn't get my free phone! I am sure the only calls you get from it is from the campaign office anyway lol!

jdfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    SW Indy
    When it comes to my front door, I don't care what color helmets they wear, what language they speak, what God they worship, or what mandate they profess to uphold. I personally am not repeating any of the crap above in my life time.

Completely agree.

The first goal is to survive. Live to fight another day when it is more logical to put more risk into it. Grab your bag and go.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Can you cite and sources re: free phones?

H.

Saw 2 different little tent/kiosks in Marion yesterday with banners all over the place saying FREE PHONE FREE MINUTES

Both places had lines stretching completely both the lots the tents were set up in. It was really really pathetic, I thought.

Don't know who was sponsoring them, but still....

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ... Or do you suspect that too many people will just roll over and take it..
    ^^^This!

So many people have their heads buried in the sand these days that most folks won't even know what's going on, let alone do anything about it. The media will have them far more concerned with who's going to win The Voice, or American Idiot than to care about something as heavy as this.

And yes, the American public has me quite jaded. We all deal with endless amounts of idiocy each and every day.

Top Bottom