• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    No one need say it, and no one wants to but history is full of stories of survival. We all know what we would do if the lives of our families were in the balance in a situation like this.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Disarm them.
    Take everything they have.
    Have the survivors dig graves way far away from my place.
    Have them bury their friends.
    Shoot 'em, bury them, go home,treat the wounded and erase any signs of their presence.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    "Where there is unity, there is strength."

If your SHTF scenario includes the dream of "You against them" in a glorious final battle where you defend your home and family single handed, just make sure you think through the part where you all end up dead.

It will take a community of people taking care of each other to survive. No one will make it alone, for long.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    "Where there is unity, there is strength."

If your SHTF scenario includes the dream of "You against them" in a glorious final battle where you defend your home and family single handed, just make sure you think through the part where you all end up dead.

It will take a community of people taking care of each other to survive. No one will make it alone, for long.
    Dream? Nightmare in the SHTF world.
    Strength in trusted numbers (community)

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think I have explained myself very well. It happens a lot, ask my wife.

I'm not talking about the legal fallout from killing looters in a SHTF scenario. I am talking about posting on the internet, how you would kill people, who are no longer stealing from you (but were), albeit, in a SHTF scenario. What you post here is public record, searchable, supoenable.

Now, fast forward to next Saturday night, October 22nd, 11:00 PM. Just a regular night, not SHTF. A burgler is stealing stuff from your garage. You confront him and shoot him, killing him. He is unarmed. You go to jail, and the prosecutor decides to press charges. He will talk to everyone, inlcuding your homies online, about your intentions. He will try to paint you as a bloodthirsty Rambo wannabe, who just couldn't wait to shoot someone. Waiting for the SHTF was gonna take too long, so you shot an unarmed man in your garage. You wanted to kill someone, you dreamed about it, you fantasized about it, you talked about how it would be justified, how you would put his head on a pike, or leave him for the vultures. All that gets rolled out before a jury. All based on the stuff you posted here. Fair? No. Happens every day? You bet.

I guess thats all I'm saying. Be careful guys. Dudes that know me, know that I'm no shrinking violet, or afraid of big brother keeping tabs on me. Bring it I say. I am talking about being prudent in the here and now, not when SHTF.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Heresay, 3d-party mumblings, "move to strike," "just like in the video-game"

Sequester jury and get judge up to speed; it's just bar-talk, camp-fire ramblings, firing-line bravado. No case.

I don't think I have explained myself very well. It happens a lot, ask my wife.

I'm not talking about the legal fallout from killing looters in a SHTF scenario. I am talking about posting on the internet, how you would kill people, who are no longer stealing from you (but were), albeit, in a SHTF scenario. What you post here is public record, searchable, supoenable.

Now, fast forward to next Saturday night, October 22nd, 11:00 PM. Just a regular night, not SHTF. A burgler is stealing stuff from your garage. You confront him and shoot him, killing him. He is unarmed. You go to jail, and the prosecutor decides to press charges. He will talk to everyone, inlcuding your homies online, about your intentions. He will try to paint you as a bloodthirsty Rambo wannabe, who just couldn't wait to shoot someone. Waiting for the SHTF was gonna take too long, so you shot an unarmed man in your garage. You wanted to kill someone, you dreamed about it, you fantasized about it, you talked about how it would be justified, how you would put his head on a pike, or leave him for the vultures. All that gets rolled out before a jury. All based on the stuff you posted here. Fair? No. Happens every day? You bet.

I guess thats all I'm saying. Be careful guys. Dudes that know me, know that I'm no shrinking violet, or afraid of big brother keeping tabs on me. Bring it I say. I am talking about being prudent in the here and now, not when SHTF.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Sequester jury and get judge up to speed; it's just bar-talk, camp-fire ramblings, firing-line bravado. No case.

No it's not. In the prosecutions eyes it's premeditated. All the internet tough guy/rambo talk just shows that it's not the first time you've thought about it. I was on a jury for a trial that was dumb as hell and never should have gotten that far to begin with. You'd be surprised what case they'll stick some new know nothing lawyer on to get their feet wet. There are some SHTF things we need to keep to ourselves or speak in words, not typed into the internet and saved by networks.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They would become the new mouse for my lions that I pillaged from the zoo.
    That is big talk. I live 2 very small city blocks from 4 lions and when they cut loose with their roaring one morning, it sounded like they were right behind my garage.

However, I will go get the Meerkats because I believe they would provide great pest control.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    So, according to some on this forum, if I played Risk the other day I should expect a visit from a SEAL team??

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    No prisoners.

As cold as it sounds it has to be the way IMHO.

They will just regroup and then either try again or victimize someone else.

Looting can quickly turn to murder when they want what they want.

You euthanize rabid dogs, not try to reabilitate or set them free to spread disease.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guess I'm just going to have to avoid shooting the next unarmed guy who breaks into my garage or my house.

That would be a good idea unless there was intent, opportunity, ability, jeopardy and preclusion, or any other combination of factors that call for use of lethal force.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    You have to go by the scenario presented, a SHTF situation where you have dispatched multiple armed looters already and the remaining have surrendered.

They are undoubtably armed, or were, so what do you do with them now?

I'm definately not going to smoke some random lowlife that breaks into my garage looking to swipe petty crap.

I would put him face down at gunpoint and call the police unless he presented a weapon with intent to use it.

He makes that choice and he dies.

These are two vastly different scenarios and that has to be taken into consideration.

Top Bottom