• ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Suppose Pretty much the whole system has collapsed and there is no law. you're in your home or retreat and you've just had a firefight with looters. You and your group have dropped some but a few surrender. If there is a town nearby you aren't sure if they will even take them. So what do you do with them?
    I think this might be a likely scenario if things go really bad in this country. I'd be interested in how people on this forum would handle it.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Disarm the survivors, take them as far from my location as possible, tell them if I ever see them again they would no longer be survivors.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    It depends I suppose. I'd hate to be the guy who says to not let there be survivors, but if you just send them away they now know where you are and they could get reinforcements.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    It depends I suppose. I'd hate to be the guy who says to not let there be survivors, but if you just send them away they now know where you are and they could get reinforcements.

In a total collapse situation, I couldn't blame you for responding this way. Your family/retreat group's safety must be priority. Survivors could potentially come back better armed and more knowledgeable with regard to your defenses.

It's easy for me to be armchair bad*ss and say I'd do the same; I don't know if I could or not. If someone is threatening my wife and kids though, I don't think it would be too hard a decision to make - looters or my Family. Easy choice.

Another problem though: assuming I ventilate everyone, now I'm stuck burying all the bodies or leaving them to draw scavengers.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You assume that you can prevail against multiple armed assailants?

Why? Because you have right on your side? Maybe they have true right on their side?

The history of the human race has been accomodation. It has always been accomodation and compromise.

Taking human life is not to be minimized. Perhaps you should be thinking about assimilation more than incarceration. Incarcerated people are a burden. Assiimilated people can be an asset.

I am probably rambling....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    There are too many variables left unaddressed for me to give a solid answer, but one thing that comes to mind: God, Family, Country...or something like that. I actually think this would be one of the easier choices to make in total anarchy and as described, the situation calls for complete elimination of any attempted assailants. Oh, don't waste time and energy digging holes and filling them in, use a match.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You've just had a firefight with someone attacking you, your family, your safe place, going to take your survival items? They've apparently attacked you.
    In the SHTF world gone wrong....No survivors to come back to try again. Terrible situation but it's your scenario.
    You could always give them a trial and gather all the intel you can from them. IF you deem them unfit to share your oxygen would you have the resolve to pass judgement and act on it?
    As a former combat vet I'll tell you up front. Killing ain't easy nor should it be.
    You'll never be the "Child your Mother Raised" again. You can't get back home from there.
    Only IF/When the situation should arise will you alone know those answers.
    I guess you prepare for it and pray it never comes to down to it.
    IF the SHTF world collapses I'll say the best of luck to all and pray.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Daisy Duke?!

Can she cook and handle a weapon?; make her feel grateful, and ... ... "Hot"? Do you know how a survivor feels after a pitched battle, say 7 hours just outside Quy Nhon? Hungry and horny. The OP was "... you can prevail against multiple armed assailants ..." Beware those who assume for you that you ... " have right on your side? Maybe they have true right on their side? " This is merely a home invasion which the OP says YOU have won. Home invasions are not covered by the Geneva Convention. Just act in a way that justifies doing with THEM what they intend to do with YOU & YOURS. Those who repeat history are cursed with trying to un-live it all over again. The only "accommodation" will be allowing the losers - ALL of them -- to assume room temperature. Remember "Hungry and horny." Losers always seek accommodation and compromise. Eliminate those. Spoken like a true non-combatant:===> "Taking human life is not to be minimized" yet it is often expedient. Where were you in 1968?? "Perhaps you should [NOT] be thinking [so much.] "I am probably rambling...." Yes, you were .... EBG
    [BTW, the revolution has already begun. Prepare for the Occupation & Elimination. EVERYONE connected with this and about 500 other web-sites is ALREADY on the Watch-lists of over 100 "watching" agencies. It's too late now to try to CYOA and run for it under your self-righteous smoke-screen.]

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Posting on the internet, what I would do to looters in a post SHTF/riot situation is not in my best interest. You guys might want to reconsider persec before you post up any of your chest thumping answers. Seriously.

Two years from now, you end up shooting some fool stealing stuff from your garage and an overzealous prosecutor wants to make an example of you, he will have his staff go over everything you posted on the interwebs, posts talking big talk about how you would kill 'em all and let God sort it out , etc etc etc. It does not paint a good picture for the jury. Think about it.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Posting on the internet, what I would do to looters in a post SHTF/riot situation is not in my best interest. You guys might want to reconsider persec before you post up any of your chest thumping answers. Seriously.

Two years from now, you end up shooting some fool stealing stuff from your garage and an overzealous prosecutor wants to make an example of you, he will have his staff go over everything you posted on the interwebs, posts talking big talk about how you would kill 'em all and let God sort it out , etc etc etc. It does not paint a good picture for the jury. Think about it.

First of all, if there is an internet and an overzealous prosecutor then the conditions I set forth have not been met. It becomes a home invasion/burglary/self-defense issue. DAs still frown upon execution of burglars! In the scenario I set forth the law is pretty much non-existant. Stick with the scenario.

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    I agree with WETSU. people who post stuff like this on the internet ARE NOT THINKING! these people who talk about their "survival groups" on the internet are now on a government watch list cause they couldnt keep their mouths shut. its not the an overzealous prosecutor in an imaginary secinario you need to worry about, its posting stupid stuff or running your mouth about things that should be a secret then "big brother" putting you on a "re-education" list!

Top Bottom