• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    What is your plan?

As a single male, survival is easier than a man who must ensure the safety of not just himself but his wife and children.

My point of concern, which is always missed by the survivalist is the children who are 1-2-3-4 years of age.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    PLAN: TOP SECRET

MANDATE: shoot to kill anything that is a threat.

obviously i will keep my family away from danger zones, but if threatened i will act accordingly. With a family you cant go looking for a fight. nor would i recomend that for an individual either.

having a small child and a wife to protect deffinatly will make me more agressive and less likely to take calculated risk. there simply isnt room for error.

theres a rap song that says: "dont start no sh*t, wont be no sh*t" and thats pretty much my method. if you start it then i Will have to finish it and the person who starts it wont like the outcome.

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    start at 3 min mark [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-kqlVp-jbA]YouTube - Red Dawn (part 7)[/ame]

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Destination: Place of employment
    Reason for picking destination: I work there and have keys, able to drive right in and park my vehicle. Has multi floors, security is already in place , 2nd floor can be sealed off, 3500 gallon water tank, water coolers on every floor, backup generator, kitchens on every floor, Large walk-in vaults on all floors, people leave their lunches in the fridges, multiple vending machines, beer and wine in exc conference room, roof=tactical position, first aid kits in place, portable defib, fire supression already in place,

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Within the next 2 years I'll be moving to Florida and plan to marry my gf once I'm there. My wife to be has a second citizenship in a foreign country (she's middle eastern). I will have a sailboat when I am there (cheaper than used cars now and carry a ton of stuff). My intention is to get out into international waters, fire up the shortwave to find if anyone's stable and get to an allied country of hopefully both of ours but at the very least hers. If necessary we'll figure out how to reconnect later. Priority 1 is the wife and kids get somewhere stable that they'll be ok.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Property taxes yes - to a point. I'll be honest I looked HEAVILY into living on a boat and it's freaking awesome when you're a single guy or when you have money to burn. A single guy can get a boat with plenty of space for under 15 grand if he buys right and will spend a couple hundred bucks a month docking it (electrical hookups, showers in the marina, everything). Once you get into family - a house gets more convenient until you're up into the range of spending a million bucks or more on where you live then it goes back to boat.

Anyway - sorry for the threadjack. Back on topic.....

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I think with kids that young you inherit a whole set of problems. Discipline for one. Not a smack on the rear type, but being able to do what they are told. If you ask them to be quiet, what are the odds they will be? They'll be scared for sure, and feed off of others fear too.

Mine is a young adult now and would do OK I think.

I keep to myself and go out of the way to stay out of problems. But having said that, I have a line in the sand on dealing with things. That line is adjustable by my definition only.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    * Get the Go-Bags out of the closet
    * Get the duffel which contains a .22 pistol, ammo, and spare mags for our CCWs
    * Pack a third bag with a few shirts and jeans, but more importantly all of our clean socks and underware.
    * Put the bags in the Jeep
    * Throw the bikes in the back of the Jeep for the likely event the roads are clogged.
    * Drive in as calm a manner as possible to a distant relatives house.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i have three smallies, 5, 7 and 11. i have taught them plenty of discipline to make it though hell and back. we prepare and i always make them feel as safe as possible with me no matter what. storms and such don't really bother them anymore and the thought of bailing to the basement often times brings joy because the lanterns come out and we tend to have fun. my thought is this, if you're unprepared and unsure of the plan, so will those who follow you be. confidence and good planning will get you and those little ones to the other side. now, if something happens to me, they're gonners. mamma is not cut out for this sorta thing so my defense will be on super-duper shoot to kill defcon 5 alarm level 6. their survival will soley depend on me so don't come close lest you taste lead. otherwise, bring the dog and plenty of snacks and we'll get there. by the way, my 11 year old has a really itchy trigger finger so beware, hes a bit of a hot head when he gets pushed around. takes after his mom! BOTTOM LINE, MAKE IT TO BOL ASAP WITH NO FEAR.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Discipline is the key. I have neices... The youngest people I know outside of my younger daughter. Neither of them demonstrate Discipline but the typical child like behavior expect.

IN a SHTF does your family become it's own battle unit, meaning have you afforded your family with the required training to ensure the safety of not just each other and themselves, or does the soul responsibility of living rest upon daddies shoulder.

I am of the opinion, that I know for a fact I cannot look in every direction, nor am I pefect enough to precieve every possible danger, despite my ability to do so.
    I have trained my wife in the basic's, and will ensure my daughters, and sons are far superior.

One reason I make note of this is. Daddy can die quite easily in a SHTF situation. Once the soul protector is gone, the family would be at the mercy of both the four legged and two legged Wolves, gnawing at the door for they're flesh.

I cant comprehend anything more horrible than to think of what might happen to my family if I fell before them.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Depending on the situation:

Attempt to make it to work and then work on "borrowing" a nice 4wd vehicle...

The situation would have to be pretty bad, though, to get me to do that.

-J-

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    One of the lessons learned by troops during Vietnam is the ground you are standing on is KNOWN to be safe. Hit it first. Sure, you can jump off the road enemy fire, buy you may land chest first in a punjii pit or a pile of snakes.

What I'm trying to convey here is scan and assess. Is your neighborhood or apartment suitable for staying? Probably not, but secure the area while loading up and planning your egress. Flip on the CB, look at your map and see what roads out are blocked by traffic, construction, a mob of people, or whathaveyou. From that point you leave the safety of the ground you currently occupy into now unknown territory. If there is the big switch a lot of people think about (3:42PM People whining about the bad call during a recent sporting event. 3:45PM WAR! Time to raid Walmart!!!) then your local area and town you've known for years will never be the same. Secure each and every area you travel to and expect nothing from the next room, alley, street, or anything.

I'd personally like to set up a BOL with everything I'd ever need if I showed up naked.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    PLAN: TOP SECRET

MANDATE: shoot to kill anything that is a threat.

obviously i will keep my family away from danger zones, but if threatened i will act accordingly. With a family you cant go looking for a fight. nor would i recomend that for an individual either.

having a small child and a wife to protect deffinatly will make me more agressive and less likely to take calculated risk. there simply isnt room for error.

theres a rap song that says: "dont start no sh*t, wont be no sh*t" and thats pretty much my method. if you start it then i Will have to finish it and the person who starts it wont like the outcome.

Repeat as needed until current location becomes safe.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    i wouldnt mind living on a boat. no taxes can be collected from you for living on a boat i dont think

You cant get away from them.Yes, boats are taxed too. Might get away with it on the ocean,not around here. Not to bad ,cost me around 500 a year,for mine.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    One of the lessons learned by troops during Vietnam is the ground you are standing on is KNOWN to be safe. Hit it first. Sure, you can jump off the road enemy fire, buy you may land chest first in a punjii pit or a pile of snakes.

What I'm trying to convey here is scan and assess. Is your neighborhood or apartment suitable for staying? Probably not, but secure the area while loading up and planning your egress. Flip on the CB, look at your map and see what roads out are blocked by traffic, construction, a mob of people, or whathaveyou. From that point you leave the safety of the ground you currently occupy into now unknown territory. If there is the big switch a lot of people think about (3:42PM People whining about the bad call during a recent sporting event. 3:45PM WAR! Time to raid Walmart!!!) then your local area and town you've known for years will never be the same. Secure each and every area you travel to and expect nothing from the next room, alley, street, or anything.

I'd personally like to set up a BOL with everything I'd ever need if I showed up naked.

This time we'll have home court advantage. +1

Top Bottom