• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Geeze, what do you do in a situation like this? Alot of your preps can't be brought on board. Just grab some food from the midnight buffet, barricade in the room and wait it out?

Find some wood from something in your cabin, like a chair or dresser, and start a little fire in the sink. Now you have light, and a way to warm your food, or coffee! :D

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just got back from a Disney cruise yesterday. I am more of a small boat sailor, but the family had a fantastic time.

Really you are more likely to get in a car accident. I am cautious about my families safety but lots of great life experiences are out there with very low risk.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    GHB changes when on a boat maybe... more MREs, sanitizers, chemlights, flashlights and such.

What are the other people going to do though? Some might consider that an end of the world deal.

Now if it is a hijacking situation then wait for one of the bad guys to fall asleep at his post and steal his weapon and radio. That's how they do it in the movies.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    I've been on two cruises and it was some of the best money I ever spent. You truly do get treated like a king.

As a side note, a very good friend of mine was on his honeymoon on the cruise ship that was dead in the water. Haven't had a chance to speak with him directly regarding the details yet though.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    I've been on two cruises, both on 'Liberty of the seas', and they were both the best vacations I've ever had. Never got sick, and the only sick people I noticed where the ones who couldn't handle the movement. Like another poster said, you are literally treated like royalty. You can't get a better bang for your buck.

In a situation like this, you have to realize that there are literally half a dozen other cruise ships less than a day away at all times. (at least around the islands. I don't know about Alaska or euro trips)

The best parts I think are the all you can eat bacon buffets, and the duty free liquor. Nothing beats bacon washed down with wallet easy premium scotch.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The one & only cruse I went on was a Carnival, NEVER AGAIN, they lost our friends luggage, I had pneumonia & pretty much lived in my cabin (bad tv with little selection). The cattle call to get on while dragging our luggage in the rain for about 2-3 hours, it was miserable.
    There are other cruises that I would do, but I think I would prefer an all inclusive resort.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom