• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Looking to start building a GHB and a BOB. I would like recommendations on the bag you like to use. I have found a GHB that I like, but on the other hand I would like a backpack instead of a messenger style bag. So everyone post up what you like to use, post pictures if you would like, and say whether it makes a good GHB, BOB, etc.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    as far as back pack style bags it all depends on your budget honestly. there are literally millions of options. if you budget is under 100 bucks look at maxpedition bags, check ebay for eagle packs, tactical taylor, or camelbaks. those are some of my favorites. for higher end depending on what your budget is look at kifaru or mystery ranch.

my all time favorite pack is 100 percent the mystery ranch 3 day assault pack. they literally feel like they are a part of your body especially with the live wing upgrade. i have 2 of their packs and they are plain amazing and also have a awesome warranty one of the best in the business.

if your looking for non tactical packs check out kelty, and a few other in packs but i don't have much knowledge in this department as i have always used my military kit.

if you want a bigger bag i absolutely love my alice pack. granted mine is a tactical taylor version that is pretty amazing and has the upgraded waist belt also which makes a big difference as it spreads the weight out over your hip area vs all just riding on your shoulders. so my suggestion is to limit your options some and figure out exactly what your looking for

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    my bob, U.S. peacekeeper rapid deployment

DSC_0839.jpg

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Has anyone ever tried the Maxpedition Condor-II? Maxpedition Condor-II Assault Pack Tactical Military Backpack, Enhanced Daypack - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Or possibly the Kifaru Escape & Evade.
    https://kifaru.net/escape-evade.html

I'm not too concerned with concealing my firearm, although I am not opposed to a bag that has the ability. I do like the ability to attach my GHB to whatever I decide to use for a BOB. It would help tremendously to be able to have both bags with me.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Has anyone ever tried the Maxpedition Condor-II? Maxpedition Condor-II Assault Pack Tactical Military Backpack, Enhanced Daypack - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Or possibly the Kifaru Escape & Evade.
    https://kifaru.net/escape-evade.html

I'm not too concerned with concealing my firearm, although I am not opposed to a bag that has the ability. I do like the ability to attach my GHB to whatever I decide to use for a BOB. It would help tremendously to be able to have both bags with me.

i used the kifaru E/E bag over in iraq as a secondary bag. it was not very big but as a get home bag and a addition to your bob its pretty smooth. i had it attached to my ruck for extended missions and or carried alone for short missions. it was a nice little pack for its intended purposes.

i haven't used the maxpedition condor but they make very solid kit so i doubt you will have a problem with it if you choose it.

also can't believe i left eberlestock out. they are also great all around packs

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have backpacked for years in the backcountry of the Wind River Range, Tetons and Rockies. Although there are hundreds of options and one brand is supposed to be better than an other, I have relied on and will continue to rely on just the Diamond Series Sierra Internal Frame pack from Cabelas. It stores everything I need to live for weeks at a time in the backcountry, has 6500 c.i. of internal space, lots of pockets, hydration reservior for a camelbak, breaks down into smaller packs, etc. I've trusted my life to it and it has never let me down in the ten years I've owned it. I will get another whenever this decides to break down...which I am guessing will be quite some time. Posted a link if you might be interested...

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20124&hasJS=true

Top Bottom