• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Apparently theres a big gun show in Louisville, Kentucky at the end of Feb. Has anyone been? How much bigger than the 1500 is it and if i were to go can I even buy a gun there since its in a different state? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Just looking for info from experience.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It is an awesome show, and there is a military show going on at the same time. It is at the fairgrounds, right off of 65. You can purchase a long arm from a dealer, but not a handgun.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've never been to a 1500,Indy is a 3hr drive but Louisville is about 75 min. So, I've been to a few of the NGD shows. Yep they're something, like Hkindiana said it's a combo show part regular gun show and part military. Lotsa milsurp. Used to be 3000 tables, I haven't been in a few years and can't say how big now.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Louisville is a fantastic show. Much bigger than Indy and a wider variety of things to see. I love the military show. One problem is that it gets to crowded and you can't see everything. Since I quit getting tables there I haven't been but I miss going to it. As stated above you can but long guns w/o problem but if you want a handgun it needs to be transferred to an Indiana dealer.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Apparently theres a big gun show in Louisville, Kentucky at the end of Feb. Has anyone been? How much bigger than the 1500 is it and if i were to go can I even buy a gun there since its in a different state? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Just looking for info from experience.

yep, I set up at national gun day before. its a HUGE SHOW!!! as a dealer we were actualy allowed to drive our truck inside the building to set up. it was huge!

if your into modern stuff, you probly wont enjoy it as much. but if your a history buff, or a collector of old guns and ****, then it will be like heaven. warning though .... a lot of stuff is WAY overpriced. its worth the drive down as a buyer. i wont be back as a seller though.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I like it alot. Lots of milsurp arms and parts/accessories.
    Someday I will leave there with a 1941 Johnson (I hope).
    I won't be able to go this year. Really all I'll be able to make it to is a few local shows and Knob Creek next Fall.
    But I highly recommend the Louisville show.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    It's been a while since I've been but it's a good show especially if you like older guns. There are actually two shows, the "Show of Shows" military show and the "National Gun Day" show advertised at 2100 tables.

I think they may even have their own tickets, $9 for the military show and $12 for the gun show. That's after the $6 parking fee.

Top Bottom