• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    based on the magazines and the suppressors I'm gonna guess 5.56 on the first and 9mm on the second.

Winner winner chicken dinner! :yesway:

Thought it was obvious; I thought wrong. OP has been updated.

Shooter who's 9mm mags do you use for the AR?

Colt. But Spikes or Metalform (who actually makes/made the mags for both companies) would serve you just as well.

IME, the CProducts mags are hit-or-miss, and the polymer ProMags are pretty much junk. Converted UZI mags are durable and feed fine, but won't activate the bolt catch on the last shot.

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    Lots of nice SBR's there. I would attach some pictures of my Ppsh41 SBR's or my Krink but I can't seem to figure that process out.

The Krink was build in my buddy's garage and turned me into a full blown Kalishiholic. I now have an entire wall of Avnomot Kalishikovs and love every single one of the.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    :)

IMG_0001.jpg

Colt factory 6933 with Aimpoint and FlamingHog. Have used it for multigun matches and its great for anything under 100 yards. I cant remember the last time I cleaned it :)

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Wanna Be SBR :(

Ok...here is my wanna be sbr waiting on her form 1 to be approved so it is still in pistol form. I used a spikes lower and 5" barrel along with a yankee hill machine handgard and rock river upper. The mag block for the 9mm use is a rock river as well. The end of the barrel currently resides inside the forearm awaiting a gemtech multimount. The multimount is not mine yet either as I am waiting on my form 4 to return. On the side of the handgard is a surefire E2E in a Vltor mount alaong with an aimpoint and troy battle sights on top....cant wait to get a stock on it:rockwoot:and a noise killer:rockwoot:

picture.php

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    There is more out there than ARs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HK 53k .223 4in barrel , lots of fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SANY2057.jpg

HK 53 8 in barrel built by Investment Grade Firearms
    SANY2029.jpg

Next build
    HK 51k .308 4in barrel !!!!!
    SANY2069.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    9mm AR.

5" barrel
    AAC Phantom
    RRA receivers
    Colt 1pc mag block
    RRA 9mm parts
    misc Colt/RRA/BM small parts
    DD handguard (needed something that the can would fit in, but would let heat out).

Lots of fun and very quiet w/ 147gr handloads at 910 fps. Plenty accurate out to 100 yds (can hit 8" plate pretty easy using a 15/75 yd zero and knowing the hold-overs).

-rvb

95402353.jpg

30391962.jpg

28756039.jpg

Last edited:

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    From front to back:
    AAC Blackout FH
    CMMG 11.5" bbl, upper receiver and BCG
    Larue 11.0 FF rail w/ TD rails and Magpul AFG
    LAR MFG lower w/ DPMS parts kit.
    Aimpoint ML3 on Bobro cant. mount (love this combo)
    Magpul MIAD grip and CTR
    GearSector single point

I have more fun with this rifle than almost anything I own. This was my first SBR and AR15 build. You better believe, I shoot the hell outta this thing!!

DSC00467.jpg

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    i know..i know..but if i dont ask here ya'll might ignore it. so..these look great. would someone shed some light on why or why not one would prefer a sbr to a ...guess they're ? pistol ar's?? you know what i am talking about? i think oly makes them. sure alot of companys make them. thats what came to mind. i dont think there was any buffer tube etc...those would not be a nfa item right(pistol type)?? move this if need be. thanks.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    i know..i know..but if i dont ask here ya'll might ignore it. so..these look great. would someone shed some light on why or why not one would prefer a sbr to a ...guess they're ? pistol ar's?? you know what i am talking about? i think oly makes them. sure alot of companys make them. thats what came to mind. i dont think there was any buffer tube etc...those would not be a nfa item right(pistol type)?? move this if need be. thanks.

Several AR manufacturers also make a "pistol" version, which is essentially a short-barreled rifle without a stock (but still a buffer tube).

The Olympic that you're referring to uses a different type of gas system, so there is no buffer tube sticking out.

No, AR pistols are NOT NFA items.

Now, as to why many folks would prefer an SBR to a pistol? Because a rifle is MUCH easier to shoot than a pistol, especially in rifle calibers. With a rifle you have 4 points of contact (weapon hand, support hand, shoulder, and cheek), as opposed to only 2 with a pistol (weapon hand and support hand).

Top Bottom