Should never have gone to 21st Century....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Went to the Tipton gun show this morning. Driver says, "anyone up for a trip to Bluffton, and 21st Century?"

Found nothing we liked at Tipton, so off to Bluffton we went.

I really should know better.... but this little reptile hissed at me...... uh, reptile as in Python..........

python3.jpg

python2.jpg

The pistol is an easy 99%. The price was very fair. I tried to talk 'em out of some extras, and won some, lost some :D

I shot it when I got it home, but was more worried about fingerprints than the targets...... thus a better range report will have to wait until I can look past the purty.... ;)

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    nice python

Beautiful gun. I used to want a Python badly, they were $550 for an 8 inch barreled one in blue in 1980, it was a bargain. I could not afford that so I never got one.

Congratulations on yours.

Terry

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I always wish we had a shop like 21st Century down here in Evansville. But then again, I'd be even poorer if they had a shop down here.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is your Python Nickel or Stainless? With Colts fine work, it can be hard to tell from a photo.

I own a nice highly polished SS 4 inch Python too. I also have a nice 4 inch SS King Cobra. The KC was made to be a poor man's Python, but believe me, my KC is also a super fine shooter.

With Colt Revolvers going up in price exponentully regardless what you paid it will still only go up in value. Pythons like your will easily sell for 1500, 2000 and more dollars today.

Congratulations to you my friend on your find and purchase. Enjoy that Snake. But remember, One is Never Enough.

Last edited:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Thanks folks, for the nice words. VN Vet, I'm not sure whether it's nickel or polished stainless. I have found out that Colt dropped the nickel plating after they perfected polishing their stainless guns, but I'm not sure when that was. According to ser# data found online, the gun was mfg in 1980. I'm gonna guess it's nickel plated.

If anyone has more info, I'd appreciate it. The Ser# of this gun is AL62XX

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think the Python is the best looking double-action revolver ever made. Yours is a fine example. With your title, I thought you didn't expect to live to see 2000:D If I had known that I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself;)

Top Bottom