• ...and so much more!
  • Should Marijuana be Legalized?

• Total voters

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I knew this guy that tried marijuana once. It made him want to rape and kill.

I've actually witnessed a killing spree after a guy smoked some marijuana!!......... Bag of Cheetos, bowl of ramen, pint of Ben & Jerry's, and half a meatlovers pizza! It left me pretty scarred after witnessing that kind of deranged behavior.... :):

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Like what?

Nothing. It's a drug warrior argument as old as the hills. Many social researches on the other side of the drug war have speculated it actually harms the drug warriors argument. Younger individuals will smoke cannabis and not go blind, murder someone, or prey on white women. Their mentality shifts towards "what else was I lied to about?"

Of course, if you could plant a few cannabis plants next to your tomatoes in your garden then you know all they will adulterated with is Miracle Grow. In addition, the argument runs counter to another drug warrior in the thread who contends that "it ain't your daddy's weed nowadays". The potency argument also makes absolutely no sense and violates simple scientific principles. As someone has already noted, higher potency requires less ingestion, thus less product. LE wants stashes to be larger because more money can be made off of larger busts without changing current laws on quantities. Furthermore, cannabis doesn't work on the mind and body like alcohol. You can't reach a toxic level of ingestion and instead of increasing the intensity of your session, you are simply burning money. Thus the phrase "smoking yourself straight".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nothing. It's a drug warrior argument as old as the hills. Many social researches on the other side of the drug war have speculated it actually harms the drug warriors argument. Younger individuals will smoke cannabis and not go blind, murder someone, or prey on white women. Their mentality shifts towards "what else was I lied to about?"

Of course, if you could plant a few cannabis plants next to your tomatoes in your garden then you know all they will adulterated with is Miracle Grow. In addition, the argument runs counter to another drug warrior in the thread who contends that "it ain't your daddy's weed nowadays". The potency argument also makes absolutely no sense and violates simple scientific principles. As someone has already noted, higher potency requires less ingestion, thus less product. LE wants stashes to be larger because more money can be made off of larger busts without changing current laws on quantities. Furthermore, cannabis doesn't work on the mind and body like alcohol. You can't reach a toxic level of ingestion and instead of increasing the intensity of your session, you are simply burning money. Thus the phrase "smoking yourself straight".
    While the free market (otherwise known as the black market) doesn't adulterate their product the government HAS adulterated cannabis in the past, to the detriment of the end users. Their various attempts at curbing production have included them spraying paraquat on fields and not informing anyone. Needless to say they did sicken a few people. I have no reason to believe that government agents wouldn't attempt to poison Americans in the future. Maybe that's what our local enforcers were talking about.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.

Actually, I know that, I just wanted a laugh over Keyser Soze's answer. :)

Agreed on the "what else was I lied to about?" bit. I can actually see the gateway theory working in this twisted manner. One smokes marijuana, starts to realize how brazenly the drug warriors have lied, wonders if they're lying about cocaine or heroin also..

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Actually, I know that, I just wanted a laugh over Keyser Soze's answer. :)

Agreed on the "what else was I lied to about?" bit. I can actually see the gateway theory working in this twisted manner. One smokes marijuana, starts to realize how brazenly the drug warriors have lied, wonders if they're lying about cocaine or heroin also..

Yep. It also breeds mistrust of law enforcement. You have to remember the propaganda begins being pumped into heads by DARE and the like in grade school. +

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I seem to remember a lot of people on these boards talking crap about a person with a DUI is a criminal but yet here they openly confess to using illegal substances or want it to be legal. I believe driving under the influence could cover drugs also as well as being just as dangerous.
    Just an observation. Rather hypocritical I think.:twocents:
    Bob

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I seem to remember a lot of people on these boards talking crap about a person with a DUI is a criminal but yet here they openly confess to using illegal substances or want it to be legal. I believe driving under the influence could cover drugs also as well as being just as dangerous.
    Just an observation. Rather hypocritical I think.:twocents:
    Bob

DUI = Driving Under the Influence.....of _________. That can be alcohol, prescription drugs, narcotics, NyQuil, etc. I fail to see what this has to do with prohibition of substances...unless you openly welcome a nanny state.

Personally, I'd rather see people being held responsible for damages caused than invasive, liberty-killing "preventative" laws like DUI & substance prohibitions. It's scary to err on the side of liberty for a lot of people though...

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    If the U.S. legalizes it, the Mexican economy will collapse. You think Mexico is third world now, take away all that money and all hell will break loose south of the border.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    DUI = Driving Under the Influence.....of _________. That can be alcohol, prescription drugs, narcotics, NyQuil, etc. I fail to see what this has to do with prohibition of substances...unless you openly welcome a nanny state.

Actually it's worse for illegal drugs. If an officer has you take a blood test because he thinks your "impaired" and it shows up for metabolites of any schedule 1 or 2 drug. Unless you have a DR. Rx for it, you can and probably will be charged. So if you test dirty for marijuana, you could of smoked it 2 weeks or longer ago and not under the influence. But still get hit. Pills have a shorter period though 1-3 days for most of them I believe.

ETA Oh and if you are convicted/plead guilty to any marijuana charge, you lose your license for 1 yr. That is a mandatory administrative suspension, the judge has absolutely no say in it. It comes from the BMV.

Top Bottom