Should I sell my Sig Subcompact 1911 and buy an XDS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do I sell my subcompact 1911 and buy an XDS?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What's the capacity on the sig? I carry my XDs all the time, very comfortable, very concealable. The only negative feedback i hear about it is the 5+1 capacity. Personally it doesn't bother me. I can carry another mag easily enough.

The Sig is a 7+1 in .45 ACP.

I was considering the XDS-9mm personally because the idea of 5 bullets doesn't sit well with me.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Married or no, since when did having a woman in your life = anything but: :spend::spend::spend::spend::spend::spend::spend: lol

Ahhh I only say that cuz I'm bitter and alone.....:crying: haha j/k

You just never found the right woman.:D
    I think you have already made your decision. You are a DA guy. 1911 style doesn't fit you. Enjoy your XDS.:ar15:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I voted sell it, sounds like you talked yourself into the XDs being more practical right now.

Haha well I don't think this it's questionable that the XDS is more practical. This is all about sentiment vs practicality. But I think practicality is starting to win out. Everyone raises some good points.

Last edited:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Ok, I'm biased...

I've never liked the 1911-style guns. They just don't feel right in my hand and I don't like shooting them.

The XDs on the other hand is very sweet! I've had one for about 2 months and I really like it! It's well made, nicely finished, and functions perfectly. I hold it in my hand and I can't believe it's a .45!

Trade up is my vote.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You just never found the right woman.:D
    I think you have already made your decision. You are a DA guy. 1911 style doesn't fit you. Enjoy your XDS.:ar15:

You are correct about finding the right one. Most of the ones I've dated have been evil or crazy. :evilangel::nuts:

As for which style fits me....it's not that the 1911 doesn't fit. Which is why I've been having such a hard time posting it up in the classifieds. They're just not as practical as a polymer gun.
    Yet I love them.
    So it's hard.
    This is an emotional time for me!! haha:nopity:

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    I think you should go with the XDS. I've had mine for a few months and it's great. It is excellent for concealed carry, and having it will also get you some extra cash which is great. Go for it :yesway:

rcs36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    I would find a XDS to try first. I had one and traded it. I did not like the long trigger travel.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't shoot my 1911 any more. I love it, but I don't want to ingrain the SAO trigger and manual safety into my mind and confuse myself with my carry guns.

I *have* to remain proficient with a Glock as a condition of employment. As such I limit myself to weapons without a manual safety and with trigger pulls that are approximately the same. If I liked Glocks, I would go 100% Glock, but I've just always had to work harder to be good with one. The grip angle and whatnot just doesn't line up with my body's movements naturally.

So...if it was me I'd sell all your polymer junk (;)) and buy a quality full sized 1911 and then your problem is solved. You keep the subcompact you like and only have one platform to train on.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You are correct about finding the right one. Most of the ones I've dated have been evil or crazy. :evilangel::nuts:

As for which style fits me....it's not that the 1911 doesn't fit. Which is why I've been having such a hard time posting it up in the classifieds. They're just not as practical as a polymer gun.
    Yet I love them.
    So it's hard.
    This is an emotional time for me!! haha:nopity:

Not as practical, yes. If I was a big enough dude, I would carry a 5" lightweight 1911 no bones about it. I just don't like the little ones since they are more suspect to hiccups--which arent a good thing in a carry gun. Plus, the XDS is just so hard to beat in either caliber. So slim, so reliable, so great.

Do try and shoot one first though. That's always a good idea. Also I love that I'm responsible for planting this idea in your mind. I think it's only appropriate to end this post with a quote from the Matrix:

Morpheus: Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world [your Sig]. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: That the XDS is better?

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not as practical, yes. If I was a big enough dude, I would carry a 5" lightweight 1911 no bones about it. I just don't like the little ones since they are more suspect to hiccups--which arent a good thing in a carry gun. Plus, the XDS is just so hard to beat in either caliber. So slim, so reliable, so great.

Do try and shoot one first though. That's always a good idea. Also I love that I'm responsible for planting this idea in your mind. I think it's only appropriate to end this post with a quote from the Matrix:

Morpheus: Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world [your Sig]. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: That the XDS is better?

How could I possibly argue with Morpheus?? lol

Perhaps I'm showing what age bracket I belong to.....but you're getting Rep for that! lol

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I wouldn't say you're being an idiot and should sell it...

I would instead say that your point of keeping your EDC firearms consistent is the most important issue. If the 1911 is inconsistent with your other carry guns then I would suggest you either swap it for the XDS or simply buy the XDS.

If you can afford to buy the XDS without selling your SIG, I would do that even if it means you have to save up for it a little longer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom