• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Okay INGO here I go again asking opinions of my fellow Hoosiers. My question is this. Should I sell my Marlin 1897 Texan lever action .22 in order to buy a Ruger 77/17 with scope. They do not make the Marlin any longer and only made it for a year. Not sure if they still make the Ruger77/17 still? I do not have the funds to buy both so that is not an option. I own two other .22 lever actions one Marlin and one Henry.Either way I go the rifle will be used just for plinking.Opinions and thoughts please if you don't mind? Thanks.:D

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    If it were me and I absolutely had to have the Ruger, I would sell the Henry as that would be more easily replaced than the Marlin Texan.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    If it were me and I absolutely had to have the Ruger, I would sell the Henry as that would be more easily replaced than the Marlin Texan.

That is an option. Although the Henry would not bring even close to what the Marlin would.

Some Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Keep the 1897 and trade the Henry. Although, I personally prefer lever action for .22 over bolt, so I'd keep both and not bother trading, but that's just my preference.

Or, you could win the lottery and buy them all. That's probably the best option.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Keep what you have,be patient,save your pennies,Then buy what you want.
    Or find someplace that will let you put one on layaway.:twocents:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I miss and regret selling pretty much every gun I have ever sold. Several went during lean(er) times to help make rent, some were sold because I got one that filled the same role but was nicer.

Wish I had just kept them all.

billybob44_Jr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Southern, IN/Louisvi
    I almost feel like if I have the attitude that I can't sell any gun I own...It isn't like you can take it to your local Gamestop and trade it in. On the other side, there are a lot of people who are hurting for money, and need to sell something to pay the rent. It really just sucks.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Those Marlins are junk. All the internet guys say so. You should sell the Texan to me, cheap. One other thing that occurs to me is, why pick up a new caliber right now? Me, myself, and I, all three of us, we'd stick to .22s till things loosen up.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Don't sell the Marlins, they're hard to replace. Many are buying .17 because the ammo is available. I feel 2 things may happen either .22's will become available or .17 could dry up. Every think of getting a Marlin bolt in .17, won't empty your pocket as badly as the Ruger. I've had 2, both were tack drivers............:@ya:............<><Duce

Top Bottom