Should I leave negative feedback on a deal from the classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I made a deal earlier on a Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 that was in the classifieds. From the pics everything looked good in the texts and was told it had 150 rounds through and just had a bit of holster wear. I know I should have gave it a better looking over and function check but being in a Walmart parking lot in Beechgrove and not wanting to take to long with them having a passenger I did a once over and thought everything was good. Getting it home and doing a good cleaning I first notice it's missing the entire trigger safety I found out the G2 series is supposed to have, the front trigger guard has been ground on and for some odd reason it's only doa except when you partially pull the trigger towards the rear and allow the slide to return and the he put 150rounds through it and bought it used off another person. Am I wrong in thinking honesty and being upfront with a person that's part of Ingo should be a given when your a part of this community and would negative rep be a justified action? Thanks for the time to read this post and any help will be greatly appreciated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I made a deal earlier on a Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 that was in the classifieds. From the pics everything looked good in the texts and was told it had 150 rounds through and just had a bit of holster wear. I know I should have gave it a better looking over and function check but being in a Walmart parking lot in Beechgrove and not wanting to take to long with them having a passenger I did a once over and thought everything was good. Getting it home and doing a good cleaning I first notice it's missing the entire trigger safety I found out the G2 series is supposed to have, the front trigger guard has been ground on and for some odd reason it's only doa except when you partially pull the trigger towards the rear and allow the slide to return and the he put 150rounds through it and bought it used off another person. Am I wrong in thinking honesty and being upfront with a person that's part of Ingo should be a given when your a part of this community and would negative rep be a justified action? Thanks for the time to read this post and any help will be greatly appreciated.

All I can say here is buyer beware.
    Neg rep is for these occasions.
    If someone is not being straight up the members deserve to know.
    If it was bought used and had these issue it was most likely sold to be shed of it.
    Any one that sells/trades a faulty firearm without proper disclaimers should be brought forward so we can all put them on our "Will not deal with" list.
    Not to call them out in open forum but with neg rep.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Did you try contacting them and making your feelings known? I can totally understand how you feel, but you were given the opportunity to check it out beforehand. Bad move on the sellers part for not fully disclosing everything.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Yes I did. That's when I found out he was the second owner of the gun and had no idea of round count and saying he put 150rounds or so through it and no idea what the previous owner out through it. I was first told it only had 150 rounds or so through it and just had holster wear. It's my fault for not looking more closely at the gun, I let my guard down thinking I could trust them being a part of the ingo community.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I won't but my assistant who's in Jamaica on leave will gladly help you with shipping. He'll send a western union money gram for $5,000 to cover the cost and your troubles.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    To meet at beech grove Walmart should have set off your spidey senses!

i agree I would contact the seller as you did to find out what happened and see if he would take it back.

if he won't take it back then bring him to the light. At least you can possibly help the next guy.

At at the end of the day it is true it's a buyer beware when dealing in face to face transactions.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Atleast he was honest enough to offer the extra magazine he had for it:rolleyes:. No offer
    of taking it back though. He got a nice Ruger sr45 out of the deal.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If he won't make it right I suggest negative feedback. As Churchmouse pretty much said that is what the feedback system is for.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I'm not able to leave feedback, the add was deleted for a violation and feedback can not be left on a deleted add cm informed me. I tried though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If it were on Ebay or any other selling forum, would you leave negative feedback? If so, then why not do it here? As the others have said, that is what the system is for.

It sounds to me like he knew there were issues with the gun and did not share the info even when asked. I agree with the buyer beware, but it sounds like he misrepresented the condition of the gun when he didn't reveal that he was the second owner and only disclosed info since he had it (such as number of rounds, not sharing about the missing safety, etc.). If the buyer had been someone less familiar with guns, they might not have recognized that the safety was missing and such.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Can you post a visitor message to him? Those are visible for other forum members to see. Perhaps a mod could comment on this or you could ask them if that would be appropriate.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Give the guy a chance to make it right. Sorry you had a bad transaction.

I would get with the mods to make sure this cant happen again to anyone else.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I contacted him and he said he had bought it second hand and it was like that. Churchmouse has pm'd me about it. If he makes it right I will say he made it right but I just wanted to get opinions and give people the heads up to not do what I did by not looking the weapon over better.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    If he does not offer to make it right il have it shipped back to Taurus and fixed right so if I ever sell it or trade it the new owner will have a safe and fully functional gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is not a lot we (staff) can do in these situations.
    My personal belief is never ever sell a faulty firearm with out full disclosure. Ever.
    To do so only ads fuel to an already raging fire about irresponsible gun owners.

Full disclosure. It might lower the money one gets for the gun but responsibility is the issue.

Top Bottom