• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I am really wanting the Sig 226 Tac Ops with the threaded barrel but I am still a little shy in my secret gun fund stash. When it hits the purchase price I will buy and start saving for the next want...

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    If you have debt OF ANY KIND - NO!

If you anticipate having debt from travel - NO!

If you do NOT have at least six (6) monthes of bills in an emergency savings account - NO!

If you do NOT have a college 529 savings plan funded for your kids (even IF you do not have kids yet but are planning to) - NO!

I could keep going but you get the idea.

Regards,

Doug the Meanie

GOOD RESPONSE: fortunately for me, I can say that I passed all these questions, so I picked up a GSG 922. It is the compact version of the GSG/Sig 1911- 22. It is going to be my pistol suppressor host.

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    If you have debt OF ANY KIND - NO!

If you anticipate having debt from travel - NO!

If you do NOT have at least six (6) monthes of bills in an emergency savings account - NO!

If you do NOT have a college 529 savings plan funded for your kids (even IF you do not have kids yet but are planning to) - NO!

I could keep going but you get the idea.

Regards,

Doug the Meanie

Yeah, Dave Ramsey kinda recently messed up the whole arsenal building momentum I had going. I prolly won't be getting another gun for over a year :(

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, Dave Ramsey kinda recently messed up the whole arsenal building momentum I had going. I prolly won't be getting another gun for over a year :(

Dave is really good about killing debt, for all the right reasons. I agree with him (mostly) and on what I differ with him on isn't significant.

Dave isn't so good on investment advice but still far better than many out there. Dave is good for the "low risk" type of people but doesn't cover some of the detail work.

The place I wish Dave would modify is on killing debts with the highest interest rate first. I agree with the psychological reasoning for killing the smallest debt, but don't let that be the only factor. Say you have a $1,000 credit card debt and a $5,000 credit card debt. I agree with Dave entirely on killing the $1,000 debt first, irregardless of the interest rate. Snowball it and move on.

Where I disagree is if you have three (3) different debts. The first is a $1,200 debt at 6% interest, the second is a $1,500 debt at 19% interest, and the third is a $7,200 debt at 9% interest. In this case I would ALWAYS chose to kill the $1,500 debt first. It is very close to the smaller debt but the interest you are losing is over three (3) times as big. Kill that one, then move to the $1,200 debt, then snowball to the $7,200 debt. You will save FAR more money doing it that way than anally sticking to "lowest and snowballing."

Overall as a fiscal conservative who is a hypocrite on many things the word the OP chose was "should" and that just required a fiscally conservative answer. But I know on the INGO:lala: gun boards I'm still a meanie!:p

Regards,

Doug the Meanie

Arrowsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2016
    Central Florida
    If the OP has no guns and needs one for self defense, then purchase seems prudent considering possible future events. Otherwise, Doug the Meanie has the best answer IMO.

Top Bottom