• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all -
    I am a big fan of gen 3 glocks... I'm also a lefty and really would like to drop mags more "conventionally"
    If I am shooting a 9mm gen4 (say a G17 or G34) should I be weary of any issues? I know the recoil spring assembly is different, does it cause issues or have those issues been addressed and corrected from glock? (It's not a big deal if I need to get a different spring, or if Glock would supply it)
    Any thoughts?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I got a Gen4 over a Gen3 simply because of the left handed mag release option.

BEWARE: If you make this change, Gen4 and ONLY Gen4 mags will work in your gun. The indent for the release in on both sides (corners) of the Gen4 mags. It's only on the right of earlier mags.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The only thing with my gen4, is a t shirt is a must! The new texture is like a cheese grater for those of us with love handles

That's hilarious.

Then there's the image of shirtless love handles. Not as hiliarious, honestly.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Mine ejects between 5 & 6 oclock. Read that as "over right shoulder or over your head." Only shot 115gr so far. I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Edit: its a G26.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a new Gen4 G19 on order.

If it has issues, it will get the Glock Failure Resistant Extractor from Apex.

Mine is getting the same treatment. I bought the 26 as a EDC. The last thing I want in an already stressful situation is hot brass in my face or down my shirt.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I got a Gen4 over a Gen3 simply because of the left handed mag release option.

BEWARE: If you make this change, Gen4 and ONLY Gen4 mags will work in your gun. The indent for the release in on both sides (corners) of the Gen4 mags. It's only on the right of earlier mags.
    YEs, thanks for the reminder! I wasn't thinking of the mags, although I do know the difference. I'm pretty sure that even new gen3's come with gen4 mags (seems like Glock wants to make gen4 adaptable mags the new standard)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Nope, I have a couple that I have several hundred round down range with no issues.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I had a first generation G34 gen4 with the "horrible" 336 ejector. Has over 10,000 rounds with zero failures on the guns part.

Erratic ejection sometimes, but it always clears the ejection port and puts a new round in the chamber.

I'm a happy customer

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I believe I have a gen4 with new extractor and recoil spring set.. I shot a bunch of misc loaded mags today (speer, federal, +p, white box, etc) and had zero problems with ejection location. I shoot a with an isosceles stance and haven't been hit once.

Top Bottom