Shots fired outside Nation's Capital; Feinstein to propose AWB in 3 2 1 ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BHOWPE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Shots fired at Capitol

Rep. Connolly heard gunfire Rosalind Helderman reports:
    Rep. Gerry Connolly (R-Va.) was standing on a balcony of the U.S. Capitol with Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.) when they heard two burst of gunfire coming from the direction of the Rayburn Office Building.
    “It was almost like two very rapid fire bursts, very loud,” he said. “They were clearly coming from the direction. That’s when we saw people fleeing, and we realized this was no fireworks. It sounds liked the first volley of a 21 gun salute.”
    He said he could see people fleeing away from the Rayburn building and police officers running towards it before he was shepherded back into the building. Connolly says he was told by the Sergeant-at-Arms that a suspect has been apprehended.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Suspect apprehended fleeing the scene:
    poolgun_zps5cad9c17.jpg

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Shots fired at Capitol

Rep. Connolly heard gunfire Rosalind Helderman reports:
    Rep. Gerry Connolly (R-Va.) was standing on a balcony of the U.S. Capitol with Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-Pa.) when they heard two burst of gunfire coming from the direction of the Rayburn Office Building.
    “It was almost like two very rapid fire bursts, very loud,” he said. “They were clearly coming from the direction. That’s when we saw people fleeing, and we realized this was no fireworks. It sounds liked the first volley of a 21 gun salute.”
    He said he could see people fleeing away from the Rayburn building and police officers running towards it before he was shepherded back into the building. Connolly says he was told by the Sergeant-at-Arms that a suspect has been apprehended.

what does the AWB have to do with it? The shots were fired by law enforcement?

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    Feinstein wont care who fired the shots all the media is reporting that "shots fired in capitol" and how people were running for their lives.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    what does the AWB have to do with it? The shots were fired by law enforcement?

Clearly, that's who should be disarmed first.

It doesn't matter who had the guns... the fact that anyone at all was shot, even if they deserved it, is something Feinstein says she wants to never happen again.

Of course, she hasn't proposed any plan to take the guns away from the criminals, only from those of us who obey the law and don't wear badges.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    you attributed a statement to Feinstein

What reasons have you heard/seen her use for wanting to take any firearms out of circulation/"get them off our streets"?

The easiest answer I can give you is her statement some 20 years or so ago, on 60 Minutes:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in', I would have done it."

"All" is pretty encompassing, I think. However, if you're looking for me to say that Feinstein has never used those exact words I used in my post, fine. She didn't use those words. I think her intent is pretty d**n clear, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What reasons have you heard/seen her use for wanting to take any firearms out of circulation/"get them off our streets"?

The easiest answer I can give you is her statement some 20 years or so ago, on 60 Minutes:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in', I would have done it."

"All" is pretty encompassing, I think. However, if you're looking for me to say that Feinstein has never used those exact words I used in my post, fine. She didn't use those words. I think her intent is pretty d**n clear, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

I know her position on the 2nd amendment, you said

"the fact that anyone at all was shot, even if they deserved it, is something Feinstein says she wants to never happen again."

I am not a Feinstein supporter or trying to trap you, I'm just trying to find out when and where it was said because it does not sound like something she would say.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Yeah, I couldn't find anything similar to that attributed to her, but here's a little Feinstein gem: Feinstein calls for new gun control laws after shooting | The Daily Caller
    Here she states that the DC Navy yard shooter was using an AR15. "There are reports the killer was armed with an AR15, a shotgun and a semiautomatic pistol when he stormed an American military installation in the nations capital and took at least 12 innocent lives".

What a TOOL ! I can't even begin to understand how anyone can take this shill seriously, much less keep voting her back into office. By the time she said this it was at least 9 hours after initial shots fired. I'm fairly certain we knew what he was armed with by then, and it twern't no AR!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As I said when you asked for the cite/quote, I was engaging in hyperbole; rephrasing her actions into words that more correctly described them. In essence, if there are no guns at all, no one will be shot. This doesn't, of course, mean that it's realistic or even desirable to anyone with more than two working brain cells, but it does clearly describe her obvious intent.

And of course it's not something she would actually say outright, any more than Barry Hussein or Joe Biden or any of the other 'guns for me but not for thee' crowd would say such a thing. They say "I support the Second Amendment, but...." or "We just want common-sense gun laws!" or similar nonsensical blatherings and drivel.

No insult or sarcasm here: I'm sorry that I confused you by not clarifying that what I wrote was not a direct, verbatim quote.

I still think the quisling @#$%& needs to be tried, convicted, and hanged, however.

Blessings,
    Bill

I know her position on the 2nd amendment, you said

"the fact that anyone at all was shot, even if they deserved it, is something Feinstein says she wants to never happen again."

I am not a Feinstein supporter or trying to trap you, I'm just trying to find out when and where it was said because it does not sound like something she would say.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    As I said when you asked for the cite/quote, I was engaging in hyperbole; rephrasing her actions into words that more correctly described them. In essence, if there are no guns at all, no one will be shot. This doesn't, of course, mean that it's realistic or even desirable to anyone with more than two working brain cells, but it does clearly describe her obvious intent.

And of course it's not something she would actually say outright, any more than Barry Hussein or Joe Biden or any of the other 'guns for me but not for thee' crowd would say such a thing. They say "I support the Second Amendment, but...." or "We just want common-sense gun laws!" or similar nonsensical blatherings and drivel.

No insult or sarcasm here: I'm sorry that I confused you by not clarifying that what I wrote was not a direct, verbatim quote.

I still think the quisling @#$%& needs to be tried, convicted, and hanged, however.

Blessings,
    Bill

I know what you mean and I understand the thinking, I just wanted to be able to quote it to somebody if I wanted/needed to and be able to back it up, thanks!

Top Bottom