Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Has anyone seen this product in person?
    ShotLock Mini Vault for your Shotgun :: ShotLock.com

$169 for one per the website. I would like to see some vidoes on how this works. Seems like it's over-priced for what it does. Am looking for a way to secure my SG but still make it avaliable to me in a sec should I need it. Similar to the gun mini-vault I have where you do a serious of finger strokes to open it up.

The concern now is my 2.5 year old boy. My daughter 5 has the eddie eagle rules down and has now added to them as in "if I see my brother near the vault/gun/etc.. pull him out of the room.".

My alas my little boy is still too small to fully understand and he is being a typical BOY and already building LEGO like guns, using his fingers, sticks, etc to "shot" things. :faint:

Education, education, education but his head is as thick as his old man's at that age. :laugh:

Help, suggestions, etc...

The long guns (in storage) have the long trigger locks on them and the cases are locked. The ammo is stored in a seperate container locked. The handgun is in the small vault so the only thing that is out ready to go is the SG (none in the chamber); safery on. he has never touched it but I think it's time to bump up the security of it until I can drill the rules like my daughter now has them.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    I've looked long and hard to no avail. What I've found either is not what I want period or way over priced and not exactly what I want.

But I have a plan!!! If it works out I will let you know.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Keep us posted. I know my 2.5 year old can't rack the SG but still I don't want his little hands on it period. His sister is very good in ratting him out and he has not touched it but has looked at it from afar. I know his little brain is hard at work on it. I just know and figure it's time to start looking for a backup plan to keep it secure while we try eveyr day to do the rules with him.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Don't know how big your closet is but I've used the rubber coated screw in hooks, like you'd use in the garage to hang up a bike or a rake, screwed in the wall above the bedroom closet door to hold a long gun up high enough that a child can't get to it. not as secure as a locking deal, but it's up and out of normal sight, and even if they do see it, it's too high for them to readily access. Also keeping teh shotgun cocked, but with an empty chamber will make it harder for them to mess with if they do get curious. They can't rack the slide and with teh safety on, they can't dryfire it to unlock the slide.

Doug K

mmartinsbin

Plinker
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Granger, IN
    Thought I would dig this thread up and ask if anyone has a ShotLock gun vault.
    I was thinking of getting one but have not been able to see one in person yet...

Any owners out there?

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Thought I would dig this thread up and ask if anyone has a ShotLock gun vault.
    I was thinking of getting one but have not been able to see one in person yet...

Any owners out there?

You might check out the Mossberg Loc-Box. I have it mounted behind my bedroom door on the wall. I simply unlock it and leave my keys hanging in the lock when I go to bed, and I lock it and take my keys when I leave for work. It works very well, especially for $40.

mmartinsbin

Plinker
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Granger, IN
    Thanks, I take a look at it.

The thing I liked about the lockbox is that the trigger is covered so you could keep a round in ready to go. The mossberg version looks like it keeps you from chambering a round but if there is a round in the pipe you could still fire it through the roof.

You might check out the Mossberg Loc-Box. I have it mounted behind my bedroom door on the wall. I simply unlock it and leave my keys hanging in the lock when I go to bed, and I lock it and take my keys when I leave for work. It works very well, especially for $40.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Thanks, I take a look at it.

The thing I liked about the lockbox is that the trigger is covered so you could keep a round in ready to go. The mossberg version looks like it keeps you from chambering a round but if there is a round in the pipe you could still fire it through the roof.

Mossberg's Loc Box allows you to load the tube, but prevents a round from being chambered. It's physically blocked - you have to have the action open to the rear to hang the gun inside of it.

Balmo130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I am resurrecting this post. I wanted to see if there was anyone out there with reviews on this product, and/or better option.

I found it at Costco (online) cheaper than the manufacturer. I do have Shotlocks 1911 pistol case and do like it.

Anyone?

cben114

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Richmond
    I was looking at the shotlock shotgun vault, my only problem is I have a pistol grip with collapsible stock and a reflex sight on my gun, the pistol grip might not be an issue but the sight would definitely be a problem. Then I saw the shotlock AR vault and now I'm wondering if that might work. Any input would be very much appreciated.

ShotLock AR Solo-Vault :: ShotLock.com

Top Bottom